Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Last Good Thing About This Part of Town

Last night, I went to my first Fall Out Boy concert! I took my sister for her birthday, and my friend Nicole came along because I can't seem to do anything with out her. It was amazing! It was their "Believers Never Die tour part Deux". The first band to open was Hey Monday. I had really only heard one of their songs (it's on my play list), but now I really like them. The lead singer is really good. We missed half her performance, though due to getting in the line later than I wanted. Then came Cobra Starship. After getting our T-shirts, we waded into the crowd to try and get closer to the front. Emily is tiny, so every time some people pushed through the crowd to get to the front, she would just go along for the ride. She ended up on the second row (lucky!) Nicole told her later, "You fit where we don't." And it's true. After getting her butt slapped by a ten-year-old, and Emily was beyond getting back, we decided to move to the back where less people were. Besides, there were these two tall boys standing right in front of us, creating a wall that if I stood on my tip toes, I could kind of see. They kept looking back at me, too. It was annoying. They could have been more polite and let the tiny people go in front of them. We stood behind them during Metro Station and All Time Low. But I wanted to see who I came for and not have to deal with those idiots. So we moved to the back by the sound booth and I had a really nice view until another blankety blank decided he would stand in front of me too. I wanted to throttle him. I wanted to throttle a few people that night. After the concert was over, Emily wanted to get her t-shirt and CD, so Nicole and I waited for her until some security person very rudely kicked us out. So we waited outside the front doors. I almost went ballistic when another security guard asked us to go home. Seriously, what's their problem? I'm not leaving my tiny sister at "The Great Salt Air"! I was fed up. I felt bad and apologized, but enough already. Then, they tried to get us to leave again because they wanted to pull a truck up to the doors and load everything in, but I wasn't going to go far. The security guy I kind of blew up at was really nice and let me back in the venue so I could wait for Emily there. He was nice. I shouldn't have been mean, and I really didn't mean to be. She was almost done when I got there, so I really don't know what the big deal was for every one around us. Geesh! But I got to see my favorite band play live and I am so happy about it. It was fabulous! They started the concert with Disloyal Order of the Water Buffaloes. I can't remember the exact order of the songs, so I will go by albums. They sang America's Suitehearts; I Don't Care; What A Catch Donnie; She's My Winona; Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet; (Coffee's for Closers) from their latest album; A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"; Sugar, We're Going Down; I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me from the Corkscrew album, This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race; Thriller; Thanks for the Memories from Infinity on High; Grand Theft Autumn/Where is Your Boy; The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes; and Saturday from the Take This To Your Grave album. They also sang their "Beat It" cover. It was so much fun. I can't wait until they come again, but we will have to get there way earlier because I am short! :)

No comments: