Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nothing More Than Feelings

Well, now that it's not two in the morning I can talk about my feelings. Talking about your feelings when you aren't coherent is a very bad idea. Trust me. There is a reason writers make people get drunk in their plays, books, movies, etc. Drunkenness turns off the filter a normal person would use to keep themselves from expressing their deep and inner most thoughts. Why do you think confessions of love are usually done in a drunken stupor? It makes sense.
So anyway, about my feelings. Beauty and the Beast is over, and I am not entirely all the way sad. I have The Women to focus on, so I suppose that is why. I miss seeing every one I liked. I miss being hit on by B.J. It's always nice to know you have options!;) I miss hanging out with the ladies and gossiping about how annoying certain people were being that day. I miss watching a certain plate dance like a wild fire during the last two shows. But I am enjoying playing World of Warcraft with my husband again. We played all Sunday until we had to go to Grandma's party that evening. Of course we listened to conference, too, but I am one of those people who look at conference as a vacation from church. It is a day I don't have to teach primary and I can do whatever I want. We played WOW last night too and it was fun! I guess I am back to being a WOW addict. I have two weeks before The Women starts and I intend to enjoy them.
My next project following The Women is hopefully Thoroughly Modern Millie. Auditions (for me) are in the morning on the 25th. I have been learning to tap dance just for it. I don't know if I am doing very well, but I don't have to choreograph the numbers. I just have to do them, so I hope I can get decent by the 25th. Pray for me. I will need all the divine intervention I can get.
Sunday, while I sorted the laundry after getting home from Grandma's, I watched the movie Say Anything for the first time ever. I bought it a long time ago and just never got around to watching it. It's an excellent film. A great love story. The lesson in the movie is don't listen to your dad when he tells you you've fallen in love with a drifter/looser type guy. Follow your heart and you will be happy. Especially if you're used to getting what you want and having money. You will definitely be happy. But I like movies like that because they aren't realistic. They allow us to escape into a fantasy world where bills and electricity aren't important. If only. And I love John Cusack. I have ever since he made me laugh in Better Off Dead. Also a classic.

No comments: