Friday, April 24, 2009

That's What You Get!

I realized I haven't really blogged about the drama going on during The Women! Well, the truth is, there really hasn't been any, until now! I know there is a huge grin spreading across your face as you read that last sentence! Ha ha ha! Well, let me dish about it. This happened, oh, I'd say, Monday? It's not important. So we've been rehearsing and trying to get our lines down so we can do the play faster and get it down to two and a half hours long because no one wants to sit for three hours. Well, after one of the run throughs, the director and his wife (who plays Sylvia) sat down and decided that the play was too long and we needed to cut some lines from the play. Everyone got their lines cut. Relief and fear crossed my mind at the same time. Yay! Now I don't have so many lines to remember! But, oh crap! Now I have to remember not to say those lines! So any way, one girl got really, really upset because her moment got cut. So she threatened to quit the play if our director didn't put the scene back in. Oh, my heck, I thought. I am the star! If any one should go all diva on them, it's me! Oh, I'm not being serious. But for crying out loud! She was all like, I am really busy, they called me and asked me to do that part. If I had wanted to audition for the show I would have! And blah, blah, blah! Wow, her sense of entitlement was quite astounding. We open tonight, people. What kind of a person would do that to their cast? Well, the next rehearsal, the scene was put back in. So whatever. I don't think she should have gotten what she wanted for behaving in such a way, but it's not my call. I'm having too much fun, to let her get me down.
Apparently, I have really bad tan lines. The director asked me to get a tan to try and even them out. I have never ever done that, and I had never intended to until I was asked to by a director. So I went and got a tan with my friend on Wednesday. It didn't work. The girl suggested that since it was our first time, we just do the half time, so we did. We should have gone the whole 15 minutes. I don't look any different. Still as farmery as ever. Ah, well. She also said it would take a few times to even out my tan lines. I guess I could have gotten the spray tan, but they only last ten days at the most.
I get to play a rich girl in this play. I have servants and get to wear fabulous clothes from the 1940s. The jewelery is simply marvelous. I sparkle in the lights. It's incredible! When I get the pictures from the theater, I will post some. This play is a wonderful comedy about rich, spoiled women and in the end, I get to put one over on a couple of them. Marvelous!
Last night was the invited dress rehearsal. When the show was over, the director had tears in his eyes. Wow. Come see this play.

2 comments:

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

would if i could...come see it that is...any chance you all will tour?

sweetlissybug said...

Ha ha! Not likely. That'd be awesome, though. But thanks for your support.