Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snip, Snip, Buzz!

Today, my baby sister and I bonded in a way that not many sisters bond.  I gave her a very, very short buzz.  A few days ago, she posted on her Facebook page that she wanted to shave her head, and asked her friends to comment.  Oh my, were there ever comments.  So we chatted, and I told her I could probably borrow my sister-in-law's clippers and do it for her if she was really serious, and thought, oh, she's not serious.  She'll put it off, and get over this strange feeling that has come over her.  She told me she was, and that she wanted to do it this weekend.  Well, okay, then.  She also told me she wanted to donate her locks to charity.  I didn't think they would be long enough.  I was right, but you can still donate them.  I read on Locks of Love's web site that they will just sell them to help off-set their costs.  She said she could deal with that, after asking her if she really wanted to do this.  "Are you sure?" came out of my mouth a few times.  Kristie told me that if she changed her mind after I cut her braids she would fix it for her, but no.  Emily is one weird chick.  And I say that with all the love in my heart because when I cut six inches off my hair, I cried.  She's just not the same as me, and that's okay.  I love it.  Any way, a couple of her friends were over as well, and I made sure they took lots of pictures.  Let me share them with you now:

Here is the before shot.


Another before.  She's so excited! Just so you know, I had no idea Emily's friend was putting me in the picture too, or I would have had a better expression on my face.


First cut.




















Here is Emily, feeling her buzz, and deciding she likes the way it feels, so she's not going to go completely bald.  Sigh of relief.

So much hair!

The after shot.  Her hair turned out okay.  Surpisingly.

I have a unique family.  But I had a lot of fun.  I'd never buzzed any one before.  Many people asked my why she was doing this.  She said lots of reasons, and keeps most of them to herself.  Many people told me I should try to talk her out of it.  But it's not my decision to make.  Why would I talk her out of doing something she wanted to do?  She has nothing to regret here.  This is what she wanted.  What I want is irrelevant.  The good thing about when you cut your hair, it grows back.

5 comments:

Emi-chi said...

I regret nothing! :D :D

abby said...

i love it! she has the face for it. so pretty.

girls care waaaay too much about their hair and i love it when a girl can cut her hair super short for fun.

Michele said...

Okay, at first i was nervous, but Emily looks great! She can pull off the no hair look. Plus, as a member of our family I can say- our hair grows fast, very fast. I'm glad you did it for her, it will be a bonding moment and it's one of those things that really, has no eternal consequences. Keeping enjoying your youthful life, Emily. :)

Michele said...

More comments- now go shopping for cool audrey hepburn style clothes to complete the look.

Ben =] said...

I shaved my head once too!