Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Taste of Spring

These are for my sister who lives in Minnesota.  She is begining to tire of winter, and according to her, nothing grows utnil Mother's Day.  Well, here, we get tired of winter in January, so you've made it further than us.  I say good job.  Right now, we are having a thunderstorm.  I love the sound of thunder.  It gives me a thrill and makes me feel alive.  I don't know why.  There's just something about it.  I looked out the window and it is begining to hail.  I had to hurry inside after taking these shots so my camera didn't get wet because it was starting to rain.  Lovely.  March is coming in like a lion after all.  Our weather is having a hard time deciding what it wants right now.  It was sunny this morning.  This happened yesterday, too only without the hail.

I saw these when I came outside the other day.  It was a pleasent surprise as I hadn't noticed them coming up at all.


These will be baby daffodils.


And these are my tulips coming up.  I am excited for April.  They are splendid when they are full.

Love your guts, Sista!  Hope is all around you.

6 comments:

Michele said...

they look beautiful! You are trying to get me to move back aren't you?

sweetlissybug said...

My practically next door neighbor just put his house up for sale...

Michele said...

You know if I lived next door you would have to wear snowpants and go outside EVERY day...

sweetlissybug said...

Okay. Except in the summer. Because that is just cruel.

sweetlissybug said...

By the way, I finally asked Zach how they did the potato figure skating. He said they layed them down, spun them, and the potato that spins the longest gets the gold.

Michele said...

Okay, in the summer it would be cruel, but...a fashion statement.
Thanks for the info on potato skating!