Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Never Took a Nap Today, So This Is What You Get

Today, I woke up at two o'clock in the morning.  Well, woke up isn't exactly the right way to put it.  You see, I went to bed at seven last night, but couldn't really sleep no matter how hard I tried.  Then, two o'clock came around, and I had to get up.  Yes, I had to get up.  I had to be on a movie set at five in the morning, in a place about an hour and fourty-five minutes from my home, and pick up two other people along the way.  One was my sister Emily, the other was Drew.  She's an actress in the movie, too.  She's really nice.  She told me I look like I'm twenty-five.
Any way, I got up, got ready, and left fifteen minutes late because I worked out for fifteen minutes on the treadmill to help me wake up.  I only walked.  Then I drove to pick up Emily.  Then on to Drew's and on to the set.  I was fourteen minutes early, so I guess I didn't need to worry about leaving fifteen minutes late.  The set was a really great restraunt in Provo, Utah.  It's called Mama Chus.  It's Mexican.  If you ever have the chance to go, I think you should.  I had the chicken enchilladas.  I didn't try the refried beans, though.  I don't really like refried beans.
We went to the set so early because we had to be done shooting and out of the restraunt by eleven o'clock in the morning when it opened.  Yay!  Love getting pretty much no sleep.  At least I tried.  Emily, the crazy girl, didn't go to sleep at all.  The star of the show was about a half an hour late.  That really wasn't surprising, though.  He was late to rehearsals too. 
Let me tell you about the script.  It's about a guy named Eric.  He can snap his fingers and correct your past mistakes.  Pretty scary.  Then there's me.  I played Katie.  She works in the restaurant Eric sits in and snaps his fingers.  She thinks he's cute.  He likes her back, but doesn't really realize it yet.  Then there's Angela.  She's the restraunt manager and doesn't like Eric because all he ever orders is ice.  Two other characters come in.  They are guys Eric helps.  I can't tell you any more.  It would give the story away. 
So we filmed at five in the morning so we could fake the night time in the last scene when Eric finally figures out he likes Katie.  It's a great ending.  Totally sweet.  Then I had to go change my costume into my waitress outfit.  While that was going on, they filmed another scene that I wasn't in.  I'm in it a lot.  It's pretty awesome.  The whole movie is a studen project that is about ten minutes long.  The amazing thing, is that we actually shot the whole movie in half a day.  It takes time to rehearse the camera moves, rehearse the action, and do a few takes (especially one scene the director wanted to be all one take).  The director was really nervous, but I told him not to worry because I am brilliant.  I'm hillarious, I know.  I love my job.
But now, I get to go back to the world of the unemployed actor.  Sadness and joy all in one day.  What an emotional roller coaster I can't seem to get off.  Nor do I wish to.  Bliss. :)
I have no pictures.  I forgot my freaking camera.  I forgot my hairspray, too.  But I remembered everything else!  Oh yeah, but where is my script now?  It never made it home.  Bummer.  Maybe the director has it.

4 comments:

Michele said...

It sounds cool, when and where can I see it? You are brilliant by the way. Henry says, "Can I see Melissa's movie?" in a very sweet three year old voice.

sweetlissybug said...

Well, it won't be done by the time you guys come up here, but when I get my copy, we can figure something out. My friends want me to have a screening party, but I fell silly and pretentious doing that. Maybe I will any way. I hope it turns out as awesome as the director says the footage he looked at yesterday is.

abby said...

but i am feeling a little left out because i will not be at the screening party. youtube it, baby.

Michele said...

yeah, I want to see it on you tube too.