Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sending Some Love Her Way

My friend has cancer.  She was diagnosed a month or two ago.  Today, she starts her first round of chemo and has asked that her friends and family wear pink and take a picture of it.  She wants to make a scrapbook.  Coincidentally, I also got a haircut this morning, and Kristie also curled my hair.  So here is me all dolled up for my friend in honor of her heading out to kick some cancer butt!  I love you Des!  Oh, and you can read her blog by clicking here.  I blog-stalk her regularly. ;)  She's so smart, always tries to stay positive, and has the most faith of anybody I have ever met.  I want to be like her when I grow up.

 This one is because you rock, and I know you are going to rock the cancer ward, Des!

 And this one is because I love you, and Zachary loves you.  He still remembers you were his preschool teacher and that you were so much fun.  You always have our support, love, and prayers.

And this is Zachary when he was four with Miss Desirae.  He was such a clown back then.  Still is.  If we hadn't moved away, you would have taught all my boys preschool because you are amazing in every way.

Oh, and one more thing.  I don't like country music generally, but this is the song she chose for her battle, and I think it is beautiful.  Just to warn you.  It will make you cry.  Well, maybe that's just me.  I am a big crybaby cry face.

3 comments:

Des said...

I am a big cry baby face too. :) Thank you so much for the sweet post. It really means so much to me. I hate to say it, I don't actually start chemo until next Wednesday, but I am feeling pretty tired and anxious about it today so your pictures and posts really helped me out today as I get ready to face this battle.
I love that picture of me and Zach- he was such a goofball and I LOVED having him in my class.
Thanks again Melissa! :)

sweetlissybug said...

Woops. I thought you said it was today. Oh, well. I will just have to wear pink next Wednesday, too! Just keep these pictures because I won't look quite so cute! :D

Michele said...

You look gorgeous! You could use those pics for your head shot too- or giant wall size ha ha :)
Sorry to hear about your friend :(