Friday, October 28, 2011

Every Human Heart Will Shudder!

If my mom ever sends me another email telling me that I come off as hating my children/family on this blog (I guess she's forgotten what sarcasm is), I will simply refer her to this post.  Yesterday, I spent the entire day working on Zach and Riley's costumes just so they could be ready for today's Halloween parade at school.  Zachary, Kaleb, and Riley love a certain game called Minecraft.  I have never played it, and don't really have any desire to, but Kurtis seems to be enjoying it as well.
One day in late September, Zachary comes to me and says, "I want to be a Creeper for Halloween."  "Yeah, and I want to be a Spider Jockey," says Riley.  "Ooooh! And, Mom!  Mom!  I want to be an Enderman!"  Kaleb exclaims.  "What the heck are those?"  I ask.  They are some bad guys in Minecraft.  Which is a game where you build a world out of blocks.  Everything is square and Lego shaped.

This is a Creeper:
 Oh, he's kind of cute!  You might say.  Well, he isn't.  Apparently, Creepers creep up behind you and blow themselves and you up.  Or they go into your house that you've spent weeks building and decorating and BOOM!


 This is a Spider Jockey.  Apparently the Zombies and Skeletons catch on fire in the day time and aren't very fast.  But if you put one on a spider and give it a bow and arrow, they can move.  And kill you.


This is the Enderman.  He's just creepy looking on his own, but turn your body in his direction and look at him, he teleports right up to your face and kills you.  Seriously.  Freaky.

I took one look at the Creeper and thought, "Oh, great.  That is going to take forever to make."  So what did I do?  I procrastinated.  Wednesday was my day off, so I took that day and some cardboard boxes and cut and duct taped them together.  Oh, yeah.  I couldn't find the duct tape, so I had to go buy more, and because I don't have a car, that means I walked to the store.  Now, the store is not very far away.  The whole trip took me about 20 minutes, but It would have take five or ten (max) if I had a car.  I was lucky I was the only customer in Ace, so I was in and out really quickly.  And I walk pretty fast.
Did I mention that I also had to go visiting teaching, make those cute treats for the other ladies I visit teach, but won't be able to get to this month, and make soup for the ward party that night?  Oh, and go to the ward party.  The costumes weren't ready in time, for it so we were lame and didn't dress up, but the kids didn't really seem to care.  They still got to go trunk-or-treating.
So my day off wasn't really a day off, but I got the costumes put together at least.  Yesterday was my painting marathon.  My hand still hurts.  I didn't have the day off, though.  The girls got to watch a lot of Dora yesterday.  Baby E was really mad at me by the end of the day.  It was like she wanted me to actually pay attention to her, or something.  On a side note (freak accident), there was a wasp in my house yesterday, and when Baby E's mom came to get her, she found it on her face.  Then she started screaming and crying.  It had stung her finger! :'(  It was so sad!  I killed it.  He deserved it.
We had to go to Pack Meeting that evening, but I rock because I managed to get those costumes painted before I went to bed at 1:00 a.m.  I know.  I am amazing.  But I am also pretty mean because I am not going to show you a picture of their costumes just yet.  Muwahahahahaha!
The reason is because Kaleb thinks that his costume needs a square mask for his head.  I was just going to paint purple squares around his eyes with face paint, but that isn't good enough for him, and so he refused to wear his costume to the parade at school today.  Instead, he wore his Spiderman costume from two years ago.  No, it doesn't really fit him that well any more.  Sigh.  So Halloween will be the big reveal of their costumes to the world. :)  
So you can watch this instead!  It's my Halloween song of the day!




1 comment:

Michele said...

Isaac,Henry and I think that may be the creepiest music video we have ever seen. I think I might have nightmares- that guy gives me the creeps. I may have to start using the word "flashy" more often though.
To your boys: Your mom is like the total awesomest to you! If I had that much going on I would not still be making costumes on top of it- especially hard ones! Just ask my kids- this year we are just borrowing costumes-3/4 are even storebought borrowed costumes & normally I make my kids costumes every year. Make sure you give your mom a big hug and tell her you love her because she loves you.
And Happy trick or treating! I can't wait to see pictures.
Happy Halloween. :)