Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hell's Broke Loose In Georgia, and the Devil Deals the Cards

This morning, while listening to Morning Session of General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I painted this picture:


I'm the assistant stage manager for a the next play out at Heritage Theatre in Perry, UT.  It opens Friday, and it takes place at a fishing lodge in Georgia.  The set needed some art, so the director found the frame, and I said I could paint a picture to go in it.  I Googled "lakes in georgia", and found a photograph.  I just tried to copy it.  It isn't exact.  I'm not that advanced an artist to do that yet, but I do think it turned out pretty well.  I think it is Lake Tugaloo which is in Northern Georgia.  The play takes place closer to Atlanta, but beggars can't be choosers.

Here is a look at the picture:

I'm not sure if this is copyrighted or not, so please don't turn me in or anything. :)  I'm not trying to violate any copy right laws.  As you can see, I took some liberties to change the scenery a bit, and make the painting easier for me.  I think I may need to take a trip to Georgia someday.  I never thought I would ever say that! :D

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Umm...more hidden talents? Awesome job!