Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Let's Show Them Our Hearts

Kaleb has started playing basketball.  His first game was on Saturday.  I video taped it, made a movie, and posted it to YouTube.  It's fourteen minutes and twenty seconds long, so if you don't want to watch all of it, just skip to 5:05 to find out what happens when Kaleb gets his hands on the ball.  It is hilarious!  Then skip to 9:18 and see what he does when he gets the ball again.  So cute!
Before you watch, you should know some things about the rules for the first grade boys.  First:  They don't penalize the boys for traveling, yet.  Second:  They are not allowed to try to take the ball away from the other team (when they are on their side of the court) until the person with the ball reaches half-court.  Also, they are teaching the boys to play, so they put wrist bands on each boy.  Each one is a different color, but one of the boys on the other team is also wearing that same color.  That is their guy.  The one they have to guard.  I love it.  I think Kaleb has lucked out this year.  His coach is a really tall, really kind person who wants the boys to have fun and learn to love the game.  That's all I want for Kaleb.  To have fun, and to gain a little confidence in himself.


If you watched the whole video, you rock.  He's so much fun to watch because he's just so happy to be there.  He runs and skips down the court and doesn't care if he doesn't get the ball.  He cheers when the other team makes a basket, and the other team made a lot of baskets.  His team only made one.  Maybe two (I only got one on video).  It was a great day!  Even if it did snow and ruin our chance to get family pictures. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HIS SKIPPING and CHEERING!!! That has to be the most fun thing to watch ever! I honestly loved it. He was so into guarding #15 at first, but then it was so cute to just watch him do his own thing. I hope we get to see more. Tell him great game!

Michele said...

That was so cute. I mean awesome (because boys probably don't want to think about their basketball game being cute- but I'm a girl so I tend to overuse and misuse the word). give him a high five from me. :)

sweetlissybug said...

You can say cute. My kids don't read the comments. I used the word cute quite a few times int here, I do believe. ;)