Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Never Would I Trade My Blood For Oil

I was going to blog about my life in the order of the events that happened, but alas.  I am having issues that I will explain in a later post.  Since I cannot blog about what I was going to blog about, I will blog about this:  THANKSGIVING!
So Thanksgiving was really interesting this year.  It's Kurtis' side of the family's turn to have us over for Thanksgiving this year.  That's right.  We invite ourselves over.  Family has to put up with us, and I swear for the last two years in a row, I've made my side of the family put up with us, so it was long over due. ;) My sister-in-law asked her sister-in-law what she wanted to do for Thanksgiving this year.  Her response was that she wanted to go to Chuck-A-Rama.  My first thoughts were, "Really?"  And Kurtis said, "That's not very traditional."  Neither one of us really wanted to do it.  Thanksgiving is supposed to be done at home where you can stuff yourself silly and then fall asleep on the couch.  Not in some buffet place that doesn't have chocolate creme pie!  They really didn't.  But we wanted to spend time with his family, so we went along with it.  Everybody I told kept telling us, "Well, then you don't have to cook, and there's no clean up!"  Way to put a positive spin on things people.  My friends were not supposed to do that!  They were supposed to sympathize with me and say, "What is going on in their brains!?"  I really don't care about cleaning up.  That's what my kids are for!  Have I not said this many times before?  My children are not just cute dolls that I get to dress up and pose for you.  If I wanted that, I would go buy a mannequin.  At least they wouldn't talk back and they don't have to go to school, and they don't make messes.  Hmmm.  Lightbulb!  Too late now, though.  Now I want to find that movie and watch it.  Geesh.  I'm distracted today.
So anyway, Kristie told me that we needed to get there early so we could stand in line and be some of the first people in the doors when they opened at 11, or we would be waiting all day.  We were supposed to meet at 10:30 in the morning, but we were late.  So was Kristie's family (but she won).  So was Natalie and her family (but we won).  Natalie said, "I didn't think you were serious that there would be a line."  Ha ha ha!
We ended up having a really nice time.  I guess when you are with the people you love, it doesn't really matter where you are.  I got to hold Natalie's new baby boy Gabe.  He's such a sweetheart.  After we were done with our lunch, we drove to my Grandma's house.  They started their meal at 1:30, and we arrived just as everyone was sitting down to eat.  We sat down and chatted, but we didn't eat much.  I tried Lili's jello.  It was delicious.  We played bingo.  Kaleb won a snow globe ornament that changes color.  He's really in love with it and when I told him he could put it on our Christmas tree, he said, "We'll see.  Maybe I will want to."

At least it wasn't super cold.  It wasn't warm either, but as long as the wind wasn't blowing, we were good.  Unless you ask Zach.  He doesn't look very excited.

But Riley was.  As soon as we met up with his cousins, he was so happy.

Then I let him take the camera for a bit.  Not my best angle, but at least there is proof that I was there! :D

Extreme close-up of Kayden taken by Riley.

We finally made it inside!

Kaleb was pretty excited about his slushy.  We don't normally have those at Thanksgiving dinner.

Just ignore those people in the background.  I don't know them, but those two are enjoying their dinner.  Zach ate too much.  He's been doing that lately, and then telling me he feels like he is going to puke.  Then five or ten minutes later, he says, "I burped, and now I feel better."  Geesh.

Marty, Kristie, and Ryan.  Some of the best people I know. :)

Pretty Taylor.

The gorgeous Ava.  Can you believe she is only three?  No.  I can't either.

Hahahahahahahaha!

I got to hold and feed little Gabe until Grandma Bonnie used her Grandma card.  She confiscated him while I was burping the little tyke.  He's such a sweetheart!

Then, we went outside and played in the leaves in the parking lot.

They tried to bury Natalie!  She's such a good sport.

Kaleb's bingo prize.  He thinks it's pretty neat.  I do, too. :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

That is a very cute bingo prize. I would like a few of those. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!