Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Will Hang On the Hook of Your Splendor

On Thursday, I went to my cousin's wedding reception.  I made some broccoli cheese soup for it.  It was delicious.  I took a few pictures, but most of them turned out horribly.  Perhaps if I had used my flash.  But I like to be stealthy with my picture taking.  I'm like a picture ninja.  The flash is a little bit noticeable.  But it was a beautiful reception and very elegant.  So here you go my dear sister who couldn't be there, but I am sure she would have if she didn't live in another state.

 Doesn't he look handsome?

 He's pretty excited.  I actually let them out of the house.  Except Riley, who when I told them we were going to my cousin's wedding reception promptly declared:  "I hate weddings!"

 But I let him take some pictures, so he had a good time.

 Riley took this one, too.

Kaleb immediately made some new friends.

 The mothers of the bride and groom.

 Taylor (the groom), Michael and Lili

 Thick as thieves!
 Riley, asking when they are going to cut the cake.

 More serious plotting.

 Time to cut the cake!

 It was yummy cake.

Fabulous shoes!
It was a fun evening, and because the ladies in the kitchen kept pouring every body's broccoli cheese soup into my crock pot, I had to take home way too much of it.  And some how we ended up with some that someone thought would be a good idea to put bacon in.  The recipe did not ask you to put bacon in it.  Bacon is never a good idea.  Bacon on the side would have been a good idea, but to just assume that everybody likes bacon is rude.
I hate bacon!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for posting since i wasn't there. :)