Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Your Love Is Better Than Chocolate

Last Tuesday, I woke up and felt my heart stop.  I awoke with the realization that it was in fact Kaleb's birthday the very next day.  What happened to time?  Why is it going so fast?  I need more time to prepare!  I promised myself I would never let myself get so wrapped up in getting ready for Christmas, that I forgot about Kaleb's birthday.  I suck.
At breakfast, I told Kaleb his birthday was tomorrow.  "I'm going to have a party, tomorrow!"  He exclaimed.  I shook my head, and said, "No, you're not.  I didn't send out any invitations.  But you can have a party on Saturday, okay?"  He agreed.  I think he was a little bit disappointed, but oh well.  That's what you get when you have a mom who isn't exactly the most organized person ever.  I had the day off because we had dentist appointments later that day, so I went and ran a few errands.  I picked up an ice cream cake, and some treats for his class too.  So last minute.  I hate that.  At our dentist appointment, we found out he has a cavity.  Happy birthday, Buddy!
On his birthday, I made his invitations and they were stinking cute.  We sang happy birthday to him and ate his ice cream cake.  Then he opened his present:  Minecraft!  He was so excited.
As I was making his birthday party invitations, I came up with the idea for the theme of his party:  Chocolate!  I'm so brilliant.  I borrowed my parents' chocolate fountain and got a bunch of chocolate and things to dip it in.  It was so much fun!  The boys didn't want to eat the chocolate cupcakes I prepared, but they did want the cookie dough ice cream.  I'd say his party was a hit.  Whew.  Now, I get to run around like a chicken with its head cut off until Christmas!  I'm not ready!!!  Gotta love December!

 What?  His favorite color is pink right now!

 He's such a good natured kid.  I love it.

 Seven birthday tickles from Daddy!

 Did I forget to mention he's seven now?  Well, he likes to make faces at the camera.  Like that.

 Woo hoo!  Minecraft!

 The party favors.  Chocolate and bubbles.  Great gift.

 I almost forgot to take pictures.  So this is the aftermath of the chocolate fountain.  Well, we ate chocolate, opened presents and then had ice cream and more chocolate.  So this is the first aftermath. :D

Presents!

He also got these spinney thingies you battle with.  I forget what the are called.  But the boys stayed after the party was over and played with them for an hour.  No lie.

Ice cream and friends!

Another friend on the other side of the table! :)
Hooray for birthdays!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb!! What a cutie. Love the chocolate fountain! What a great birthday party idea!

Michele said...

Hey you do it! you pulled it off- and no one would even know you forgot til last minute. Looks like it was a fantastic party! Happy Birthday Kaleb!