Saturday, February 15, 2014

In Which I Find Romance Elusive On The Most Romantic Day Of the Year

Well, my mom likes my hair, so I can finally say I did something that made her happy.  Hee hee.
Last night, Kurtis and I decided to go out for Valentine's Day.  We were supposed to go try a new place, but he was afraid it was too far away from the movie theater we had tickets for (it wasn't).  Instead we went to a burger place called The Habit Burger Grill.  It was insanely busy, and we were pretty lucky to get a booth and not have to sit at the tall communal table.  Kurtis hates the tall tables.  I think eating with people I don't know is weird.  The burgers were good, but I would not say the place has a romantic atmosphere.  After we were done eating we had an  hour to kill before the movie, so we wandered around Farmington Station.  We stopped in a store called It' Sugar.  It has huge candy in it.  Then we stopped in at Claire's and I tried to see if there was something I could get my niece for her birthday.  Kurtis did not really help much, or offer his opinion.  He just acted like he didn't want me to spend any money.
Then we went to the movie.  We saw Winter's Tale.  It is a beautiful film and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It wasn't perfect though.  The ending felt strange - rushed a bit.  Like it could have ended sooner, or just wrapped up differently.  I don't know how to explain it or how to fix it, so I'll just say I want to read the book now!  I'm actually excited to read the book.  I bet there is so much more to be revealed in it.
When we got home, the kids had eaten quite a bit of their cookie.  But that's okay.  I still got a piece and there was plenty left over.  Kurtis and I exchanged gifts, too.
I picked out my present.  Kurtis ordered it for me.  It was a case for my Kindle (that I got for Christmas - spoiler for when we time travel back to Christmas, sorry).  I hate it.  We'll be sending it back.  It's an ugly red and I don't like the way it fits in the case, and then I can't open it after I close it.
I got him the Daft Punk album and a new white shirt for church.  He also told me he really wanted me to get him new underwear, so I did.  I just put the Daft Punk album at the bottom.  I told him there was more in the bag.  Then he found his card with a caramel heart attached (I gave one to the kids, too).  He thought that was all, so I said, "No, there's still more in there."  "What?  There's more?  Where?"  "Keep looking.  It's at the bottom."  He was very excited, and wasn't expecting that part.  He knew about the other stuff (which I hate), so I had to throw in something unexpected.
Daft Punk is Kurtis' new obsession right now.  He really likes them.  It's not my favorite genre of music, so I'm being pretty supportive.  ;)  And that Get Lucky song really gets stuck in my head and I hate that.  I don't hate the song, really.  Well, I kind of do.  But I do hate it being in my head.  There are better songs out there.
I showed him the video of the Russians singing it at the Olympics and he's been way into the band ever since.  It's fine.  He doesn't get all excited about things very often, so when he does, it's weird.  I guess I love him though.  It's pretty cute.

Look.  I took some pictures on my phone:

 Our dinner.  It was yummy.

 The fountain is really pretty.

 And romantic.







The theater.  I like Station Park.  We should go there more often.

No comments: