Sunday, February 16, 2014

In Which I Reveal Something My Mother Will Think Most Unacceptable

So it has occurred to me that there is a photo album on my facebook page that not all of my family have access to.  That's not fair.  So I'm also going to post it here, too.  My grandmother reads this blog and she loves seeing the things I do, too.  So Grandma, Mom, and Abby, this is for you.  You will have to check back each Sunday as it is my goal for the year to make one each week.
If you are my facebook friend, you have already seen these and I would like to thank you for bearing with me on this.  Oh, and also for being my friend.  Hugs!

I call this photo album:

"Sacrament Meeting Art (2014):  A Weekly Series"

And this is the description I posted about the album:

"It's pretty hard to pay attention to the speakers in Sacrament Meeting sometimes (your mind can wander), so to help myself I've decided to use my crayons and draw a picture each week. I have crayons in my church bag because I teach the 4 and 5 year olds in Primary before Sacrament Meeting. I usually finish each picture before the closing song. But not always."

And so I have begun an art series.  The medium is crayons.  I hope that makes you giggle.  

 Sacrament Meeting Art #1:  December 29, 2013.  A cat in a tree.

 Sacrament Meeting Art #2:  January 5, 2014.  This piece was not completed until January 12, 2014.  It's called "Jesus' Baptism".

 Sacrament Meeting Art #3:  January 12, 2014.  The Nephites sail to the promised land.
Kaleb said I should put people in the boat so I did.

 Sacrament Meeting Art #4:  January 19, 2014.
This is the tree in Lehi's Dream.  Kaleb said it is the tree of knowledge.  Riley said it is the tree of life.

 Sacrament Meeting Art #5:  January 26, 2014.
"Noah's Ark" or "Stormy Waters".

 Sacrament Meeting Art #6:  February 2, 2014.
This week's piece is titled "There Is a Green Hill Far Away".  Yep.  After the hymn.  We sang it in church today and I imagined what the hill might look like today (I have no idea and think googling it during Sacrament meeting is inappropriate).  The city wall and road to the right.  The wind blows the grass and a tree has grown where the cross once stood.  A reminder of life after death.

 Sacrament Meeting Art #7:  February 9, 2014.
I asked Kaleb what I should draw today.  He said, "Daniel in the Lions' Den."  So I did.  I don't really like the way his beard turned out, but crayons can be difficult to work with.

Sacrament Meeting Art #8:  February 16, 2014.
This is just a sun set.  But you can try to analyse it all you want.  ;)

3 comments:

abby said...

I love these! I think the sunset and the green hill are my favorites. Daniel too. I hope you keep this up! Jamie is the same way, drawing helps him pay better attention. :)

Michele said...

These pictures are so much fun. I love seeing adults use crayons as a real art medium. :-) Not sure why you titled it as Mom would disapprove tho- we always colored in church.

sweetlissybug said...

And she would always whisper in my ear, "You should be listening." But once again, you have taken me way too seriously.