Saturday, April 25, 2015

Baby, All We Have Is Now

On January 17th (the day after my play opened), my mom, my sister-in-laws, her mother-in-law, and I threw a baby shower for my little sister!  It was a really great party with lots of people.  I got lucky though.  All I had to do was invitations and decorations.

 These are the invitations!  I think they turned out really cute, but they were too much work. The next ones will have to be simpler (just watch, they won't be).  I also ran out of ink and had to start using an different color for them, but I didn't take pictures.  I think I went with yellow because Emily and Joel were not going to find out the gender of their baby before he (or she!) came.

 This is the card I made to go with their present.  I think it turned out really cute, too!

 Food is always one of the most important things.

 Jayden (my new sister) was in charge of the party favors.  She asked me to make her some more balloons and she taped them on the bottom of suckers.  Wal-la!  Hot air balloons.

 Lili was in charge of games.  She came up with one where you draw a baby on a piece of paper you've put on your head.  Then Emily would pick out the one she thought would most resemble her baby.  It was fun and mine didn't look like much more than a smiley face.

 Emily's haul and the banner I made.

 We measured Emily's belly and the person who guessed closest won a prize.  Also, you can see one of the three hot air balloons I made for decorations.  They turned out pretty cute.

 This little girl's mom kept telling her not to touch their presents, but Emily said, "That's how you know it's kid approved."  She's an excellent mom.

 My mom made the baby a blanket.  Its covered in stars.  Emily's favorite shape.

 She also made this banner to hang on the wall with the extra fabric.  It turned out so cute!

I took a lot more pictures, but this last one is just of what I gave her.  I think there was a little bit more in the bag, but I can't remember what it was.  After the baby was born, I bought her some clothes.  I was so excited to meet their little baby!

And now, for your listening pleasure, a party song:

No comments: