Monday, November 22, 2010

I Know About These Things

When I started babysitting in August, the baby's mom would tell me she would have blow-outs, and her diaper would leak sometimes.  I told her if she put her daughter in a larger size diaper, she wouldn't have that problem any more.  I'm not a new mom anymore.  I've had three kids, so I know a little something about these things.  Well, she didn't listen to me.  Now, she is really, really needing the larger size, but because they are like me, and want to use up the old diapers before using her new diapers, she is having huge blow outs, all up her back, and it's really, really nasty.  This morning has been completely crazy.  I fed her, and she pooped in her diaper.  That's pretty normal.  Except when I'm holding her, and I look down at myself and I am suddenly covered in poo.  But guess what.  I didn't notice I was covered in poo until I put her down on her tummy, and saw the poo on my shirt sleeve.  Then I saw it on her back.  Then it was all over the front of my apron.  That was some divine intervention there, too.  I took off the apron when I went to the restroom, and almost didn't put it back on.  I was done using it - or so I thought.  So, I took off her clothes, wiped as much of it off of her as I could, and gave her a little bath in my dirty kitchen sink.  I don't have baby soap any more, so it was mostly just rinsing her off.  Then she peed in the towel.  I just had a feeling she was going to do that, too.  All the while Tyler (the six-year-old) kept asking me to read him a book.  Everything got put in the washing machine.  That was all before ten o'clock!

No comments: