Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Riley On "Bishops"

Riley will be getting baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on Saturday morning.  Before a person gets baptized, they have a Bishop's interview.  They go and talk with the bishop about what happens when you are baptized and what it means.  Things like that.  I was driving Riley to his interview tonight, and I asked him if he was excited.  He said he was kind of nervous.  I said, "Oh, you don't need to worry.  Our bishop is really nice."  "I know.  But what if he wasn't a nice bishop?"  "I've never met a bishop who wasn't nice."  That's true.  All of the bishops I've know have been really kind and loving towards others.  "So in order to be a bishop, you have to be nice?"  "Yeah.  I think that's a really good requirement for a bishop."  After the interview, I asked him, "So, was our bishop nice?"  With a big smile on his face, he said, "Yeah."  "Did you like our bishop?"  "Yeah." Still smiling.  "What do you think of him?"  "He's awesome."