Sunday, October 31, 2010

Anything Can Happen On Halloween!

Because we live in the state shaped like a box with a little box on top of it, we went trick-or treating yesterday.  Something about keeping the Sabbath day holy or whatever.  We're just like that.  Today would have been a better day to go, though.  It rained.  But my kids wanted to go anyway.  So I put on my coat, grabbed my camera and umbrella, and we were off.  Kaleb didn't even make it up the street.  I drug him back home screaming and crying because his hands were cold.  Then, I started walking back to Zach and Riley.  Only I meet Riley on the way heading back home too.  "Which way did Zach go?"  I asked him.  "I don't know," he replies.  Long story short, I lost my child.  He didn't wait for me, though.  So I went home, yelled at Kurtis for wanting to take care of trick-or-treaters over his child (Yep.  I called him and asked him to come pick up Kaleb really quick), got in the car, and went looking for him.  I drove around for an hour.  I could not find him any where.  It was dark, he was dressed in dark, navy blue.  You do the math.  Finally, my friend called me and told me he was at her house.  He had told me he wanted to trick-or-treat the whole neighborhood.  Well, he did.  And then some.  When I picked him up, he said, "I didn't know it was eight o'clock."  It wasn't.  That wasn't the point.  I freaked out, and cried when we got home.  I told him I didn't know where he was, and I was coming back to go with him, and he shouldn't be going all alone in the dark.  I asked him if he was scared.  He said, "No.  Wanna know why?"  Of course I wanted to know why.  "Because I had this!"  He holds up his flashlight.  That's great, but I got to have a very scary Halloween because of my independent child.
At five a.m. I was awakened this morning to the melodious sounds of Riley vomiting.  Yippee!  So exciting.  Puke sucks.  Some how I still managed to get to church at nine on time.  I only brought Zach with me, though.  You'd think he could be reverent during Sacrament Meeting since he was all alone, but no.  He was just way, way more bored.  After I got home, we took his temperature.  It was 101.3.  Kaleb's was higher.  He wins.  101.8.  Then I played farmville because Kurtis went into this big, long explanation about why we get a fever.  I didn't really feel like my attention span was that long.  It's really quite short for being an adult and all.
Because today is my most favorite holiday, and we made the choice not to trick-or-treat today, I wanted to do something fun.  I made mummy pizzas for dessert.  They are so easy.  You just take Rhodes dough, let it thaw, and then squish it into individual pizza sizes.  I used the Texas rolls, but they were still pretty small.  I ate two, but I probably shouldn't have.  I've been eating way too much candy.  After dinner, I made caramel apples while belting songs from the Wicked soundtrack.  They're in the fridge, and Kaleb wouldn't eat his dinner, so he doesn't get one.  Maybe I will be in a better mood tomorrow, and let him have a bite.  I really doubt it if he doesn't eat his dinner.  It's getting old.  He didn't want to eat last night either.  We had to tell him he wouldn't be able to go trick-or-treating if he didn't eat.  He ate the three more bites, but he sure didn't finish his soup.  Arg.

 So this year, we have a Union Soldier, a bleeding Scream, and a skeleton.  Kaleb didn't wear the mask trick-or-treating.  It was a challenge just getting him to put it on for the pictures.  Weird.  It's the best part of the costume!

 This is the beautiful site I saw as we went up the street.  The clouds are surrounding the top of the mountain, so you can't see it.  Gorgeous.

 One of the neighbor's houses we hit.

 Kaleb has almost reached his limit here.  But it wasn't quite dark yet when I took him back.

 Mummy Pizzas!  These aren't done, yet.  By the time they were done, the cheese was all melted together, and didn't quite look so awesome.

 Making caramel apples.

Nose picker!
  Dancing through life...

1 comment:

Michele said...

Awesome! Looks like your having a blast (even with someone sick) :)