Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Celebrations (Part One)

Thursday, I took Kaleb to the doctor.  He didn't go to school that day, either.  He wasn't feeling well (again).  He has an ear infection, and is on antibiotics.  Seriously.  Those things are freaking awesome.  He had a great day today.  He didn't even need ibuprofen!  So because we only have one car, Kurtis worked from home.  While he did that, he also took care of baby Emily so that I could take Tyler and Lydia to the school for the Halloween parade!  It was awesome.  I'd never gone before because I always saw the parking lot full of cars and just imagined the chaos of Black Friday.  It wasn't nearly that bad.  I may go again next year because Kaleb won't be sick, and will actually get to participate.  I was super bummed that he couldn't.  We'll see.  Any way, Lydia's mom is a first grade teacher at our elementary school, and she was dressing up as a fairy godmother.  Lydia dressed up as a princess, and she wanted to have Lydia join the parade.

 Tyler dressed as Spiderman with his 6th grade buddy.

 Zachary being a goof. :)  He's a Union Soldier.

 Rachel and Lydia.  Fairy Godmother and Princess.  So cute!

 Here comes Riley!  So scary!

 This wonderful woman is the school's principal.  I think we have the greatest school ever.

That evening, we carved pumpkins!  I love Halloween!  It's the greatest holiday ever!  Kaleb was asleep when we started, but he woke up in time to join us.  Kurtis helped him create a face to that he would carve for him.  They turned out really, really awesome!

Kurtis broke my knife trying to help me get the top off my pumpkin!

Digging out the guts!
Riley and Me, working hard.
Kurtis instructs Zachary on the art of removing the top off his pumpkin.
Mmmm.  Smells like...pumpkin!
This takes a lot of concentration.
We weren't sure if he was going to wake up.  So we took a picture to prove he was there.

Kaleb and his pumpkin!
Left to right:  Zachary, Kurtis, Kaleb, Riley (Yep.  I carved it), and Melissa (Yep.  That is Oogie Boogie.  It's awesome.  I know).
Look how cool they are in the dark.
Friday morning I told Zachary he could finally make his pumpkin puke.
It's got to be just right!
He puked on Kaleb's pumpkin!
 Kurtis's pumpkin.

 Kaleb's pumpkin has vampire teeth.

 If you buy Cookie Crisp cereal, you'll know this pattern was on the back of the box.  Riley wanted to make it his pumpkin this year.  I ended up doing the carving.

Zachary's pumpkin has a dragon drawn on the back.
"I might just split a seam now 
If I don't die laughing first!"

1 comment:

Michele said...

I LOVE your pumpkins!!