Friday, November 12, 2010

Today, I Was A Grandma (For about 2 hours)

Yesterday, I called my mom and invited her to come to Grandparents' Day at Kaleb's kindergarten class.  She declined on account that she wants to get the blue bedroom (in her house) painted white before my sister comes.  It's really not that big, but she seems to think it's going to take all week.  Maybe she is right.  What do I know?  I didn't ask Kurtis's mom because she works, and doesn't get many days off. 
Any way, I went instead.  She really missed out.  We had a lot of fun.  I got to help Kaleb make a door hanging sign, we had a treat, Kaleb read me a book he made about grandparents, and we played counting games.  His sign turned out so awesome.  It has a robot and rocket ships on it.  On one side, he put a rocket ship crashing into an arrow, and an explosion.  It rocked.  Then we Kaleb had a brownie and a tiny cinnamon roll with some fruit punch.  I had a Russian tea cake like cookie with chocolate drizzles.  It was delicious.  I also had some chocolate milk along with it.  It really hit the spot.  His story was amazing, and we build a tower out of our stacking thingies for one of the games.  It kept falling down, but that was fun, too!  No wonder Kaleb loves school so much.  I took some pictures with my phone, so sorry about the quality.

They sang songs to us too!  Kaleb can spell "yellow" and "orange".  You'll have to ask him sometime.

Here he is, making his door hanger.  He's working on the backside that has the rocket crash on it.

The finished front side.  Personally, I love the robot.

Kaleb's book.  It had a sucker inside.  He said, "I am supposed to eat this, while you read the book to me."
He cracks me up!


This is a sorting math game.

This is the stacking math game.  You put the number of stacking thingies on the board based on the number of petals on the flowers.  Then we made towers out of them.  We're awesome.

We missed you Grandma!  But hopefully this post will make you feel like you were there.  Love ya! :)

2 comments:

Michele said...

That's so awesome. :) Whenever people ask what do you want to be when you grow up, I say a grandma. I love the doorhanger he made and the games and everything looks like so much fun.

Wendy said...

This reminds me that we need to do more fun things in our homeschool. Sometimes I get caught up in hurrying and finishing lessons, but not really doing the fun things. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, we have the same blog backgrounds. That is cool.