Thursday, December 23, 2010

And I Even Do It For Free!

Yesterday morning, I got up at 2:30 a.m.  It's not something I really, really love.  It's hard to get up so early when you just fell asleep.  I went to bed at nine, but I couldn't fall asleep.  Kurtis kept the boys quiet by letting them watch TV until midnight.  Not a good plan, but, hey.  It worked!  That's when he came to bed. though.  That's when I finally was able to fall asleep.  The boys didn't really let me sleep in this morning, either.
Why, you crazy woman, would you get up so freaking early?  Well, because I am an actress, and a lot of the time, actresses work weird hours.  I got up so I could do my hair, and make it all pretty.  I got up so I could get to the set that is an hour and a half away.  I got up because I love to act.  To me it is worth it.  This time, it was so much fun because I got my bestest friend Nicole to come with me!  She was a featured extra.  Which means she is noticeable on camera. :D  She played a waitress.
My student director friend is shooting a web series.  It's about time travel.  He's cast my 21 year-old sister as his niece (he's supposed to be 30), and she's playing a 15 year-old girl.  She can totally pass for that.  She's tiny.  I am playing his sister, and her mother.  Who is dead.  My character died when her daughter was 7 (I think - pretty sure).  This episode, I had no lines whatsoever.  It was nice.  A lot less pressure.  When he gets this web series done and posted, I'll let you know.  Look for me.  I'll be the girl being seated in a booth at a restaurant, and looking through the menu.

 My daughter, Dez.

Yes, she's tired.  But somehow, she's still smiling.

Being stand-ins while the cameras get set up.  I didn't take more pictures.  I wish I would have. :P  That guy in the back is my film student friend.  He's setting up a light.  And, no.  Nicole is not in costume yet. :)  Neither was I.  Hee hee hee!

1 comment:

Michele said...

You're crazy. I can't get up that early for anything. I mean ANYTHING. I want to see the show when it's finished. :)