Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Letter 2010

Dear Family and Friends,
This year sucked. I know. I'm supposed to be all jolly because it's Christmas, but let's face it. It sucked. So now that I have gotten that off my chest, let me focus on the good things that did happen.
Kurtis and I went to Oregon for our anniversary. We've been married eleven years, and we had never even gone on a honeymoon. So, this year, I said, “Kurtis, if we don't go somewhere, I am going to have a mental break down.” It's true. I seriously have felt on the edge of one all a year. My new job isn't helping. Nope. Not at all. For the duration of the school year, I am babysitting three children. A six-year-old, a two-year-old, and a seven month old (as of Sunday). They are all siblings, and their mother is my friend and a school teacher. I'm going to be very honest. I hate babysitting. I have never liked it. Not even when I was a teenager. I like the baby. But the other two, are rude, and defiant. I am appalled by their behavior sometimes. But sometimes they are sweet. The oldest boy is Kaleb's friend, but when they play together, all they do is fight. Kaleb has turned into a bully when it comes to the two-year-old. He never wants to let her play with them, he pushes her, he whines, and I am going to loose it someday. I am angry all the time. I hate babysitting. I said that already.
Zachary turned 9 in May, He and Kurtis were playing outside the day after we got back from Oregon. Kurtis slipped on the grass, and landed on Zach's leg. He broke it. That sucked, and was costly. Then, in September or October, he got spacers. Yay.
Riley is now 8, and got baptized in November. He had a really great day.
Kaleb is 6, and thinks he is some kind of prince. He won't do his chores, he thinks he can do whatever he wants, and that he is the boss of the house. It sucks.
Did I say I was going to focus on the good things that happened this year? Sorry. I guess I couldn't really think of any. :( Well, hopefully your year hasn't sucked. Christmas is going to be great. Presents are freaking awesome. Santa might come. The kids were mostly good this year, but you know. They really seem to think they can ignore me and have no consequences. Maybe I should teach them a lesson, and tell Santa not to come. Muwahahaha! That would be awesome. He would bring me better presents. ;)
Merry Christmas!  We love your guts! :D

2 comments:

Michele said...

You know what would make a great card this year? You should do a black in white photo close up of all or anyone in your family screaming- kind of a punkish style photo (maybe jumping on the bed and throwing stuff) and then caption it "This year SUCKED!"
Inside it could say, "Merry Christmas. Here's to next year."
That's it. It'd be awesome.
I'd love getting a card like that. We've all felt that way sometimes. Our year has been kind of like that- 2 funerals and remolding and Brian has a new job that is more stressful and makes him grouchy. I think I'm not doing a letter this year because, really, what do I write?
You'd have to do something nice for mom and grandmas tho.

sweetlissybug said...

Oh, this is my first draft of my letter. It's not the real one that I am sending out. The real one is a lot nicer. I just thought it would be funny to post it on my blog! :D