Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wrapped Up In Ribbons and Bows

Kaleb's birthday is Tuesday, so I decided rather than try and have a birthday party after school for ten screaming kids with out help, I would have it on Saturday and invite my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, brothers, parents, sister, future sister-in-law.  Only the first two were able to come.  But Kaleb invited his cousins, so she had to bring them.  This was his first "friend" party.  How exciting! Oh, I forgot to mention, Kaleb's theme!  He wanted a Christmas party theme.  I made cute invitations, and got cute paper plates and napkins.  It was fun to plan.
I kept it simple.  Friday, I made a bunch of sugar cookies with the ready-made cookie dough and made them into Christmas shapes.  I got a ton of candy, and frosting that I dyed red and green. The boys had a lot of fun decorating their Christmas cookies.  Then we had cake and ice cream and opened presents.  Super simple because Christmas is busy enough.  I was worried nobody would come.  But almost everyone was able to make it. :)  Kaleb loves to play with his friends, and be silly, and today he got to do both, so he had a really great day.  I think that's awesome. :D

 These are the goodie bags.  I found them in the dollar section at Target.  They are peppermint truffles, and a pair of Christmas socks!  How cute are they!?

 My stack of cookies.

 Aren't these napkins and plates too cute to eat off of?

 The sugar table.

 My birthday boy.

 A couple of friends.

 I think Tyler is having fun.

 Kaleb's cake is a star shape.  It's strawberry cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles.

 His friend gave him a Nerf Gun!

 And so did his cousins!

 Grandma Bonnie gave him a game!

 And so did his friend!

 His best friend gave him a Lego set!  Heaven!

After the presents, we played with his new toys til their parents came to pick them up! 
I like easy parties.  We put the presents under the tree, too.  But for his birthday, we do that every year.  He really likes it.  I don't know how long that will last, but I am so glad he has a good attitude about having his birthday so close to Christmas. :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love love love it! Decorating cookies is a great idea! i love the star cake! Those plates are too cute! I love the Christmas socks in the goody bag- what a FUN idea! Happy Birthday Kaleb!