Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Baby For Christmas

Ugh.  I've been busy.  Not that that is a bad thing.  I was just saying Ugh because I forgot to blog about Kaleb's birthday.  I blogged about his party on Saturday, but I never blogged about Tuesday!  Kaleb turned six on Tuesday.  I can believe he is that big.  I totally can.  But what I can't believe is that he is still as innocent as he is.  It's wonderful.  He's so loving, and kind (unless it's Lydia - then we seem to always have some kind of problem).  He is happy, and loves to be silly.  I love his laugh.  It makes me smile when I am not in the mood to smile.  He has his moments when he does not want to share.  He does not want to share his new things that he got for his birthday with Tyler and Lydia.  I told him today that it is okay for him not to share them, but he can't play with them when Tyler is here.  That's just rude.  But I know he will share them when they aren't so new to him anymore.  He just likes his stuff to stay nice for a little while.  He's an artist.  You should see his closet wall.  It's beautiful.  I need to paint his room just all with chalk board paint or something.  He would love that.  He still forgets that my dinner table is not his canvas, and I've also noticed a lot of art work on his wall near his bed.  Perhaps he thought I wouldn't ever notice because his bed hides it a little.  His favorite subject in school is art.  His favorite colors are red, green, blue, orange and black.  All excellent choices.  He yells when he is frustrated.  I can't imagine where he picked that up. ;)  He is perfectionist and wants everything to be perfect.  It works against him when he is drawing something and it doesn't look the way he wanted it to.  He cries.  It's so cute.  But kind of annoying when I've been dealing with fighting children all day long.  I love his hair.  I love his curls.  I'm so glad that when we buzzed them off of the first time, they grew back.  I love that he always wants me to read him a story.  I just wish he wouldn't wait half an hour after I have already told him to go to bed to ask for it.  I love his big, blue eyes.  He's such a fun kid right now.  I really hope he never changes that about him.  He has brought our family a lot of joy.
Tuesday was a fun day for Kaleb.  We made a poster all about him to show his kindergarten class.  He also got to pass out his favorite candy to his classmates - Reese's Peanut butter Cups.  Those are some lucky kids.  Then, for dinner, he got to pick what we ate.  He wanted chicken strips, mashed potatoes, peas, and baby carrots.  He said, "We are eating all foods that I like!"  We also had a special guest at our table that evening.  His Aunt Emily came over to stay the night!  He let her have his bed, and slept on the floor next to her.  Kurtis put him in Riley's bed with Riley, but at two in the morning, he came in our room crying that he wasn't with Emily.  So cute.  Not so cute at the time, though.  I left and donated some blood, but when I got back, he got to open his presents from his family.  Then we had cake and ice cream.  Then Emily and I left to go shopping for her Sub-4-Santa project.  Her kids were an eighteen month-old girl and a three-year-old girl.  I was giddy because I got to go shopping for little girls!  Girl stuff is so much more fun to shop for than boy stuff.  It's so much cuter!  Wednesday, Emily walked him to school, and took care of him so I could go shopping with my bestest friend Nicole in Park City.  That was fun.  I got a little bit of my Christmas shopping done.  I still have a lot to do.

 Here is the treat for his class.  I made them all cute.  I must be feeling ambitious this school year.  Maybe I am just bored.  Maybe I just like things to be cute.

Here he is.  A few days after he was born.  My little baby for Christmas! :)

 He thought this present was really, really awesome.

 We got him this light for his room.  He found it in the store and showed it to me, but they were all out of stock.  I went back later without him knowing, and got it for him.  He really likes it.

 I turned the flash on for this picture.  Impromptu dance party! :D

1 comment:

Michele said...

aw. I was hoping you were announcing something. heh heh heh. :) Adorable baby picture with him present age right after- love it. Very cute post. :)