Tuesday, July 19, 2011

But What Would It Be Without You

Today, Zachary ran off to his friend's house and took Kaleb with him.  I thought it was nice of him to let his little brother tag along.  After they were gone, Riley tried to call one of his friends to see if he could play, but he is still out of town, and his other friend is also out of town.  He couldn't think of anybody else that he wanted to play with, so we decided that after I did my physical therapy stretches, we would bake some cookies.
Zachary keeps asking me to make the recipe on this pot holder I got the time he and I went to Minnesota (just the two of us), so I thought it would be fun for Riley and me to finally try it out.  I always forgot about it until I pulled it out of the drawer to take the cookie out of the oven.
We started to get out all the ingredients, but discovered we had no butter for baking.  We decided we would walk to the store and get some.  Well, I walked, and Riley rode his scooter, but he made sure to stop once in awhile so I could catch up.  We got back, got out all the ingredients, I measured them out, and he dumped them in the bowl.  I let him crack one of the eggs, too, but he got a little nervous when I told him to try not to get any eggs shells in the batter, and had me finish the job.  I think these are some of the best cookies I have ever made.
We make a great team, Riley and I!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Recipe?

Michele said...

Cool cookie jar! What a nice summer day- it's nice to have some one on one time with each kid once in awhile :). Those cookies look tasty