Friday, July 15, 2011

The End of an Era

I went to bed at five am this morning.  What?  Am I crazy?  Well, yes and no, but  I had fun!
Ever since last year, my bestest friend Nicole and I have been planning on going to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  We went to the premiere party for part one, and decided it was super fun and should come to the next one.  So we did.  They called it Harry Potter Palooza.  Aptly named if you ask me.  We checked in and were given a back pack with a t-shirt, a mug, a VIP pass, and a bunch of advertisements.  The first activity was the Horcrux Hunt.  We were given crossword puzzles and anagrams and riddles to solve in order to find the nearby stores we should go to in order to find them.  When we arrived, they gave us pins with the horcruxes on them.  Awesome.  After the Hunt, we watched the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one.  It was awesome.  Then we went to the party upstairs.  We went to Potions class, Quiddich practice, got the dark mark put on us, and had butterbeer (well, Nicole chose pumpkin juice, but I didn't care for it).  I got my fortune told at Divination class.  Money is coming my way, my love is strong, I'm going on a trip, and I am lucky.  Awesome.  My fortune telling fish also told me there is jealousy in my life.  Either someone is jealous of me or I am jealous of someone.  Heck yes, I'm jealous of someone.  All those skinny people out there!  Duh!  Oh, yeah, and how can you not be jealous of me?  I'm fabulous.  Also, you'd better believe I am lucky.  Nicole purchased our VIP package, and didn't see the disclaimer that said we needed to buy our tickets separately.  We went and asked about where our tickets for the movie were told this neato piece of information.  The awesome lady in charge of the event went into her office and checked to see if there were any tickets available.  Sure enough, two volunteers had not shown up, so we were able to purchase those tickets.  Come rub my head.  You might be able to absorb some of my luck.  But I'm not giving it up.  I need all the luck I can get.  I loved the movie.  I loved the books.  I don't think the movies ruined the books, but I do think the books are better.  I'm going to miss those kids.  They did an excellent job of saving all muggles (and wizards) everywhere.  After the movie, there was an after party.  I had another butterbeer and ate a cupcake.  I'm going to save my chocolate frog for later.  I also bought a wand with some of my birthday money.  The kids want to play with it, but Nicole told me not to let them.  ;)

Nicole and Harry.  He's such a nice boy.

I was so excited to meet him!  I could hardly contain myself! :D

 Hichiking to Hogwarts.
We missed the train. ;)
The snake and reptile people were back.  Nicole said the snake was squishing them together.


 Just a couple of witches! :D
I also learned last night that not everybody can be as beautiful as me.  Interesting...

The jealous fish in Divination.

Don't mess with us!
Muwahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Looks like fun. Ana and Isaac are totally jealous- they only got to see it the DAY it came out instead of the middle of the night and no cool parties. I saw cars2 instead with Will & Hank. Cars2 was awesome!