Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We're Not At the End, But Oh We Already Won

Zachary:  "Mom!  You'll never guess what I just did all by myself!"
Me:  "Oh, yeah?  What?"
Zachary:  "I got dressed all by myself!"
Me:  "Good job!  That's super awesome!"

A few minutes later...

Zachary:  "Mom!  I think I will be able to play the computer with my cast on!"
Me:  "Oh, you do, do you?"
Zachary:  "Yes!  Look!"  He puts his arms out and wiggles his fingers like he is typing with them.
Me:  "Well, we'll see.  You're still grounded."  :D

I love that he is so proud of himself for being able to do things we didn't think he would be able to do!  It's awesome. :)  I told him we should get him a waterproof cast so he can still do the dishes.  Hee hee!  He didn't really like that idea. :D

1 comment:

Michele said...

Oh, you are funny! You could try putting a plastic bag over it and poking holes for his fingers- ha ha