Saturday, August 20, 2011

Didn't You Know Love Could Shine This Bright?

My husband is a computer programmer.  He really enjoys it.  He thinks it's fun.  I think it would be really, really, really, really tedious and boring to be a programmer, but hey, it brings home the bacon, so I don't complain.
The other day, we asked Riley what he wants to be when he grows up.  Usually, he tells us he wants to be a dad.  Then we tell him he needs a job to pay for the cost of taking care of his babies.  He's decided he wants to work where Kurtis works.  So Kurtis said that he would have to teach him some programming stuff.  They didn't seem too enthusiastic about it, but then Kurtis proceeded to tell them that you can make the computer say whatever you want.  Things like pee and poop and fart.  Immediately, they brighten up and think this is hilarious.  I thought nothing of it really because he's never going to really teach them to program.  He's too busy playing computer games and they will all just forget this conversation ever happened.
Apparently, I was wrong.  This morning, (Kurtis got to work from home today) Kurtis tells me that while I was at one of my rehearsals this week, he taught them how to make the computer say "poop" and "fart".  I asked him how they responded to this lesson in programming.  "Lots of giggles and lots of suggestions of other things."  He taught them to make the computer ask them to what their favorite word was.  If they responded with a word that started with the letter p, the computer would respond, "That's awesome.  My favorite word is poop!"  If they put in a word that started with the letter f, it would respond, "That's awesome.  My favorite word is fart!"  Oh, but we are not done.  If they used a word that started with any other letter,  the computer would respond, "That's awesome.  My favorite word is bum-bum!"  Well, at least he is spending quality time with his children, and he found a way to make his job interesting to them.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Ha Ha! So cool- my kids have yet to take an interest in their father's career... not a lot of kids want to be accountants tho