Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Everybody Put Your Best Suit or Dress On

Last night was so amazing!  Kurtis and I went on a date.  It was really, really fun.  My brother Rodney came over and babysat our kids for us, and after I made dinner for them, we headed out.  Kurtis and I went to the In-'N-Out Burger.  We'd never been there before.  I don't really like hamburgers that much, so I never really cared that I had never been there, either.  I knew someday I would eventually get there.  But everybody is always raving about this place, so Kurtis finally decided he wanted to try it.  I thought the cheese burger I ordered (without onions because they are gross) was rather good.  I think they have a really good sauce that they put on it or something.  But the fries were not good.  They reminded me of cheesy poofs.  You know, those Styrofoam, cheese flavored balls that come in the giant tubs at Target or Costco?  Yeah.  Not awesome.  Kurtis said he liked Five Guys better because they put tons of toppings on their burgers like mushrooms and peppers.  Personally, I would probably choose In'-N-Out for the burger and the price (it was really affordable), but not for the fries.
After our dinner, we drove to the Maverick Center (formerly the E Center) for the Death Cab for Cutie concert!  Woo-hoo!  I loved the opening band!  I had never heard of them.  They were called Frightened Rabbit.  They came all the way from Scotland.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Especially because Death Cab is from Seattle.  How did they hook up?  That's really cool. :)
 The show was awesome!  I took some pictures, but they suck because Kurtis told me I should leave my good camera in the car.  I should not have listened to him!  We were so close I could have zoomed right up on the lead singer's face!  I may need to rethink my concert companions as well.  When I was buying the tickets, I asked Kurtis if he wanted to come with me, and he said that he thought it would be fun.  But we have different ideas about what fun is.  Because I like to jump around and dance and wanted the GA seats on the floor (well, there weren't seats, but that's not really the point), but Kurtis said, no, we have to have seats.  Bleh.  I complied and the people who sat next to us sat down the whole time and were really boring, too.  Next time, I will call my bestest friend Nicole, or my brother Rodney (because Death Cab is one of his favorite bands).  I said this last time we went to a concert together, too.  Man, do I love my husband, but I think going to movies or bowling or miniature golfing are more his thing.  Concerts can be my thing.
Here are some of the crappy pictures I took on my camera phone.  I won't torture you with any of the video I took.  The sound is even worse, but  I had so much fun!  I'm not trying to make it sound like I didn't.  I loved it, and will definitely (hopefully) go to the next one!  :D

Frightened Rabbit!

Here is one of the songs they sang.

 Death Cab for Cutie!

 They played for 2 and a half hours.  Including I Will Possess Your Heart, Summer Skin, You Are a Tourist, New Year, and so many others!

 The did not play What Sarah Said.

 Which is probably good because it's pretty sad, and they were keeping the energy up all night!

They played four songs for their encore.  So flipping awesome!

A taste of what you missed.  It was amazing.

1 comment:

abby said...

call ME next time! ah, jealous! i knew they were coming and didn't buy tickets because, you know, going to a concert costs major moola. and we've been to three of their shows before so i thought i should cool it. but now hearing about it...jealousy! i'm so glad you had fun! (i would dance with you.)