Friday, August 5, 2011

The Ultimatum

So for like the last week, I have been trying to get Kaleb to clean his room.  Kung Fu Panda 2 came out in our dollar theater a week ago.  Kurtis and I thought it would be fun to go see it Wednesday.  I used that as incentive for him to clean his room.  He did not speed up.  Then, Tuesday was Jackson (my nephew)'s birthday.  We went toy shopping and found a great toy for him.  I also found a great deal on a remote control truck for Kaleb.  He has been wanting one for a long, long time, and repeatedly asks me to buy him one.  So I thought, another great bribe!  I told Kaleb that if he cleaned his room by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, he could have the remote control truck, and go see Kung Fu Panda 2!  Win-win!  But alas.  He did not clean his room.  Instead, he played with his Legos.  He did not get to go see Kung Fu Panda 2.  Neither did Riley, but that is another story that traumatized me, so I am not quite ready to blog about it.  Maybe tomorrow.  Zach and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 alone.  It was a nice little date with mom.
Today, Kaleb comes to me, and tells me this:  "You have two choices, Mom.  You can either buy me a sword, or you can give me that remote control truck that is up there on the fridge!"  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
That is so funny that he would think he could hand me an ultimatum like that.  I am still laughing!

2 comments:

Michele said...

oh you are cold.
ha
ha

sweetlissybug said...

Cold? Well, at least I didn't laugh in his face for real. That would have been cold. I just wanted to. :)