Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Kung Fu Panda Tragedy

About a week or two ago, I blogged about Kung Fu Panda and it's awesomeness.  I also mentioned that Riley wasn't allowed to come.  I think I am emotionally ready to blog about why he couldn't come.  Don't get me wrong.  He's awesome and I like him a lot.  He just needs to figure out how to control his temper.  Geesh.  That poor kid.  He was just like me when I was little...
So he and Zachary were arguing about who would get to pick what Netflix show they would watch.  Zach had come to me and asked if he could watch Netflix.  I told him that he could.  Riley wanted to watch too, but he wanted to take turns choosing.  That sounds reasonable, right?  Zach picks the first show, and then Riley picks the next show?  I think it's a great idea and that's what they should have done.  But nooooooo!  Zachary has to tell him that he won't do that and that he gets to pick all the shows they watch.  The irony is that Zach wanted to watch Phineas and Pherb.  Guess what I am 98 percent sure Riley would have wanted to keep watching.  Exactly.  So Riley, gets all mad and runs into the bathroom and slams the door shut.  The next thing I hear is the awesome sound of glass shattering.  Crash!  What the heck?  My first thought is that he has broken my glass block with the sea shells and sand in it, and I am preparing myself for a bathroom with sand everywhere.  Then, I realize that a door slamming would not have caused that.  I run into the bathroom, and Riley is standing in the corner of the tiny room, afraid to move because he is barefoot and looking like a cornered cat.  I grab him, pick him up off the floor, and pull him out of the water closet by his shoulders.  I think he thought I was going to kill him.  I know I yelled at him, but I was really trying very hard to keep my cool, so I'm not really sure how much.  He had slammed the bathroom door so hard, he made my shelf above the toilet vibrate and the picture of the lighthouse that was sitting on the shelf slid to the ground.  The glass in the frame shattered.  Also on that shelf was my fake giant sea shell.  It was bruised, but mostly okay.  Then, too my horror, I also find the resin statue of Split Rock Lighthouse that I had purchased at the gift shop of the red lighthouse we visited this summer had also been damaged.  The trees surrounding the lighthouse were gone.  I cried.  Kurtis said he thinks I can fix it, but I don't want to fix it.  It was perfect and fixing it will put glue marks on it.  Maybe he should fix it.  The glass in the picture frame also put scratches in the picture when it broke.  It was a very, very sad day, and I really needed to get out of the house.  So I am grateful that Kurtis had me go to the movie with Zach instead of my original plan which was to have Kurtis take him.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Oh, that is sad.:( I think you should just replace the pic with one of the photos we took- we got some nice ones. I know it's not the same...
Kung Fu panda is awesome by the way. So is cars 2 will and Hank and I loved them.

sweetlissybug said...

It's a copy of a painting, really. It's all just sentimental. I love that place. :(

Shauna said...

I have an eight year old with the same kind of temper. I have cried tears over broken things and Kev has come near to swear words over holes in walls. When you come up with some miraculous solution to the temper thing, let me know...