Thursday, August 11, 2011

For All My Pals Who Live In the Oceans and the Seas...

Well, it is about time I got around to blogging.  Tuesday, Zach had a dentist appointment, so we decided that my bestest friend Nicole and I would got to the Living Planet Aquarium and take our kids.  It was supposed to be me and her, and our kids following each other around and saying things like, "Oooh!  Look at that!" and "Wow!  That's totally freaking awesome!"  That's pretty much what happened, but my kids wouldn't stay with Nicole's kids.  So Nicole and I texted each other where we were at different times in the exhibits.  Lovely.  Well, we are just going to have to go do something fun with out our children.  The kids really did have a blast, though.  They loved petting the sting rays and sharks, and feeling the anemones.  Then, we got to see the penguins and the sea horses!  There is an electric eel display and you can see how much electricity the eel is emitting at a certain time.  Zach wanted to see that twice.  You can also feel what it would feel like if the eel shocked you.  It was weird.  My favorite part was the jelly fish.  The octopus was really cool, too.  I can't wait to go back.  I think I may have to make this a summertime tradition.  After the aquarium, we went to lunch with Kurtis, and then on to the dentist.  Zach still has to keep his spacers on.  He really wants them off.  Then, we got to visit my cousin for about half an hour when I dropped off some clothes Kaleb has grown out of.  Then home, eat dinner, and off to rehearsal.  Nothing like a busy day!  I love it!

 The sting rays were really friendly.

They would swim right up to you and come out of the water.  This one is a baby.

This was their favorite place.

My boys!  Such hams! :)

Octopus.

This eel was really cool.  I just loved watching it swim around.

Penguins!  They wouldn't slow down for a good picture, the punks!

I love this frog!  He's just chillin'!

Shocking!

The large fish of the Amazon.

Piranha!

Kaleb thought the Lion Fish was really, really cool.

I had a particular fondness for the jellyfish.

Woo-hoo!

I would like to go for a ride, please! ;)

Shark!

These guys made me really excited for some reason.  I'm not really sure, but I think Charles Darwin might have something to do with it. :D  This is just one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

No comments: