Friday, June 8, 2012

And the Fever Begins to Spread

My husband and I are working on our marriage right now, and so we think it's a good idea to go out on dates every now and then.  Tonight, we went to dinner at Costa Vida.  I love that place.  Be sure to try the raspberry chipolte chicken.  It's my favorite.
Then we went to see Snow White and the Huntsman.  Starring Thor and Bella.  That's what my husband calls them.  We got to see a trailer for The Bourne Legacy.  I said, "Look, it's Hawkeye."  And he says, "Oh, yeah!"    It's the only way I can get my husband to know who I am talking about.  If I refer to actors and actresses by their "real" names, he has no idea who I am talking about.  I think it's funny.
I thought this was a great story and the script was amazing.  But as I left the theater, I just really, really wanted to punch the casting director in the face.  I mean, Kristen Stewart?  Really?  She can't act her way out of a paper bag.  I have a friend who can make fun of her and laugh when she watches her.  I wish I could do that.  But watching her is one of those moments when I want go outside, look up to the stars and scream, "Why, God?  WHY!!?"  It just isn't fair.  There are actresses with more talent in their left pinkie than that girl.  And yes, I do consider myself to be one of them.  She's just so wooden and tense on screen.  I decided to give her a chance.  I mean, the Twilight movies are really not great works of literature brought to life if you know what I mean.  I don't hate them by any means.  In fact, I did enjoy the books.  I don't want to talk about them any more than that.  That's all they were to me.  Stories.  I have never screamed at my husband, "Why can't you be more like Edward?"  (I checked.)  I don't want my husband to be like Edward.  My husband is a happy person and I admire that about him.  Edward is just not.  So I gave her a chance, but she did not deliver.
I loved Charlize Theron is one of my favorite actresses and she is brilliant as the wicked queen.  She brings the right amount of crazy to the character.  Chris Hemsworth is beautiful, and yes.  You do get to see his abs for about two (maybe three) seconds, but you can always just buy the dvd and pause it later. ;)  It made me smile and that movie wasn't making me smile a whole lot.  The dwarves rocked the show.  I loved them.  This movie is worth seeing.  It really is.  I just really wish Kristen would loosen up and start to feel more comfortable in her own skin.  Maybe then she would be able to show more emotion than...


pics on Sodahead

3 comments:

sweetlissybug said...

My sister (Emi-chi) left this comment, but my tiny phone made me accidentally delete it! Eek!

Emi-chi: Haha... I just want to say that I am the same way as Kurtis. I only know about two actors' names. I've been wondering about the Snow White movie, but I don't think I would last through it. XD

Shauna said...

I wholeheartedly concur with the whole Kristen Stewart bit. All the acting ability of a stump.

Des said...

I must agree with you about Kristen Stewart as well. I seriously cannot figure out how she keeps getting jobs. She must be the luckiest gal in the world.