Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You're Guys Are Gonna Get Kicked In the Head

The other day, I picked Kaleb up from his best friend's house.  He announced to me while we were driving home that he wanted to make a training dummy.  A training dummy?  I didn't even know he knows what a training dummy is.  Amazing.  I asked him what will you make your training dummy out of?  "A box!  A bunch of boxes glued together!"  He replied happily.  He was so excited to make his training dummy, but it was also the night I was having Girls' Night at my house, and so I had to get dinner going and finish cleaning up the house.  I was kind of not in pleasant mood when he asked me again while I was pulling out all the pots and pans for our dinner.  I mean, isn't it obvious that I can't help him?  I'm trying to make dinner!  I told him as  much, and he responded (still happily), "Then I will make it myself!"  "That sounds like a really good idea."  He got three boxes and proceeded to make a snowman-like structure.  He had a little trouble with the hot glue gun, so I had to help him a little with it there, but he made the thing all by himself mostly!  I thought it was so adorable.  Her persevered and found a way to get himself what he wanted.  For him, that's rare, but I hope it becomes more of a habit for him.  Since then, he has commenced with breaking it apart by hitting it with his swords.  I'd rather he hit that thing than his brothers. :)



I love the proud look on his face.  He's so pleased with himself. :)

1 comment:

Michele said...

:-) It's so cute I'd hate to see him kick it in the head.
Maybe my boys can try that- every time we go to a sports store they beg for one of those creepy man dummies.