Friday, February 8, 2013

All the Blondes are Fantasies

I debated showing my friends on facebook these pictures, but I want to show them to somebody because they make me laugh.  I figured since nobody reads my blog any way, it would be okay to post them here.  Not that I don't think my readers are nobodies.  All I'm saying is that only people who really want to read this do.  My last post has eight views.  So yes, this feels like a more safe place to reveal what I would look like if I went blonde.
As an actress, there is always that little box that you have to check on the audition form you fill out.  It basically asks if you would be willing to change your hair for the production.  I always check it because really, it's just hair.  It will grow back.  But in the back of my mind, it's screaming at me, "NOOOOOOOO! WHAT IF THEY WANT YOU TO BE BLONDE!  YOU DON'T LIKE BEING BLONDE!!  YOU GOT WAAY TO MUCH UNSOLICITED MALE ATTENTION LAST TIME YOU DID THAT!!"  That was supposed to be funny.  But it's only funny because it's true.  Also, the last time I cut my hair short, I cut six inches off my hair and cried.  Seriously.  What is wrong with me?  It's just hair.  My hair has gotten really long, and I like it that way.  A few months ago, I cut three inches off my hair and I almost cried.
But at this moment in time, I am looking for something different.  I want to change it up and maybe go shorter.  I don't know.  Maybe I don't.  Yes, I do.  It's not the length of my hair, it's the style.
So I went here, and signed up.  It's a website where you can put your photo in and try on different celebrity's hair styles.  It was really funny.  I tried on Brandy's fro, and looked awesome.  I put on Nicole Kidman's strawberry blonde locks and said, that is all wrong for my skin tone.  Then, I put on Carrie Underwood's beautiful blonde hair and it looked like this:
Whoa.  Who is she?  I know!  I'm smoking!  So I sent it to my husband (who thought I should go blonde when we started dating and quickly learned that my hair color is none of his damn business - and no, I will never let him live it down.), so he could finally have a photo of me as the blonde girl of his dreams.
I'm still not going to change my hair to blonde for all of the reasons above even if they no longer apply to me any more as I am a lot older and rounder.  I would probably not have the same experience.
Oh, and just for kicks.  Here's my Brandy look:
I can totally pull this look off.  I believe when I texted this photo to Kurtis, his exact word was, "Wow."
Enough said.

I personally have determined that I would look best with Jennifer Garner's hair, and that I still like being a red head.  If only I could get it to stop fading so quickly.  I also need to figure out how to keep it like this (when I actually do it) all day.


2 comments:

Emi-chi said...

I forgot to leave this comment when I first read this post, but I think you look like the Youtuber Nanalew in the bottom left picture! :)

sweetlissybug said...

Thanks, Emily. I looked her up and she's cute! :)