Friday, February 15, 2013

Nothing Says Romance Like A Good Old Fashioned Assassination!

Yesterday, was Valentine's Day.  Wednesday, I gave you a brief history of the origins of the day.  It was incomplete.  Apparently, the Pagans started the whole thing waay before that Catholic priest guy was ever in the picture, but when Christianity came around, their little Pagan ritual made the church leaders shake their fingers and say, "No, no!"  Just watch this:


Considering that I do not believe any woman should ever be slapped for any reason whatsoever, I am very glad they did nix that tradition.  That's just wrong.

Kurtis and I had a very nice Valentine's Day date together, though.  He got me a couple of cds that I have really been wanting for a long time.  I got him a new wedding ring (that is way too big and will have to be sent back), and some chocolate truffles.  He likes those.  For dinner, we went to our favorite restaurant - Costa Vida, and then off to see a wonderful play called Assassins.  I have a friend in the cast, and my other friend's husband directed it, so I really wanted to go see it.  They were amazing.  It's about the people who have tried to assassinate our Presidents over the years.  It was dramatic, funny at times, and intense.  Go see it!  I joked and told my friend it was the most romantic date I'd ever been on.  ;)
After the play, we went to Neilsen's Frozen Custard, and got ourselves some concretes.  So yummy!  Since we got there so close to closing time, we decided to just bring them home.  Where we found Zachary was still awake.  That little punk.  He said, "I got distracted and didn't get the dishes done."  It was just after ten when we got home, so it was waaaaay past his bedtime.  Kurtis said, "Were you playing?"  "Yes," was his sheepish reply.  We told him to finish the ones in the sink and then go to bed.  It was a good night.

I hope your Valentine's Day exceeded your expectations, too! :)

No comments: