Friday, February 1, 2013

Maybe It's A Puzzle I Don't Understand

It's been early out all week this week.  Which I have decided is an incredible torture device for stay-at-home moms everywhere.  Just threaten us with an unexpected week of early out and we'll fold like the loosing hand of a poker game.
Yesterday, Kaleb wasn't allowed to play the computer (none of the boys were), and had been threatened by his father that if he whined to me about being bored, he would be sent to his room (like his other brothers who had to spend the day in their rooms.  Muwahahahahahah!).  Nothing like incentive to make a kid decide to be creative.  He didn't whine to me once.  After getting his homework done, he came to me and said, "Mom!  Let's have a snowball fight!"  "No way.  It's cold outside."  I really didn't want to go outside!  I was inside, and I was cold.
Instead, he got out the kid sized snow shovel and made a maze in the front yard.  Kurtis got home early from work and helped him out, too.  It was epic.

 Look at him!  He's so proud of his work!

 He worked really hard.  Even after Kurtis wimped out and said he was too tired to go on. :)

 The maze.

 Oh, he's so handsome!

 He's a little energizer bunny.

 The maze got bigger.

 Kurtis was taking so long to take this picture,

 so I ran around, and got one of my own. :)

More of the maze and Kaleb hard at work.

 Then, we looked up at the mountains and saw the sunset reflecting off the mountains.  These mountains are in the east.

This makes for one beautiful picture, too.

 These pictures were taken today.  The sun came out today!  He came inside and said he finished it.

 So I made him run around in it for some pictures.

 Oops!  He hit a dead end! :D

Yeah, he's pretty proud of himself. :)


No comments: