Monday, February 18, 2013

Talk Like An Open Book

My neighbor is a producer for Studio 5.  It's a local lifestyle show shot and produced right here in Utah.  She asked our neighborhood Girl's Night Out page on facebook if any of us would be willing to go on camera and talk about babysitting.  I don't really have a lot to say about babysitting to be honest, but I'm always willing to pretend for the camera. :)  I said as much to her and she said, she could totally use me even though my kids are older.  Ha!  I thought.  Older really has nothing to do with it.  I rarely paid a babysitter to watch my kids when they were smaller.  I think I would say maybe twice at the most.  When I wanted to go out, I would call my bestest friend Nicole and we'd go out.  It was cheaper than paying for a sitter and Kurtis wanted to stay home and play computer games anyway.  Now, Zach is old enough and we never go very far away, so he watches them.  I'm using that term loosely.  Although, he does seem to be able to get them to go to bed better than we can.  I wonder what his secret is...
Wednesday, about five of us ladies went over to her house.  She had a camera man come and film us as we talked about babysitting and our experiences.  Then we all faced the camera and asked the expert a specific question.  Only one of my questions made the air, but that's fine.  I didn't make up my questions on my own either.  :D  It was a lot of fun, I must say.  And just like she promised, she did make us look good. :)  You can watch it here.  (Grandma, just click on the word "here".)  My two friends in the beginning are my favorite part.
The funny thing is, it aired today.  I totally forgot to watch it until my via facebook asked, "Were you on tv today?"  I totally face palmed and wrote, "Yes, I was! :)"  He responded with, "I was running on a treadmill and wasn't listening but I saw your face, and I was like, 'I know her!'"  Yeah.  I love my friends.  They're the best.  :D  Oh, and watch the clip.  It really is very informative.  I hope you like it! :)



2 comments:

Michele said...

Wow! You are a TV star! :-)
Still think it should have been in your beautiful dramatic living room ;-)

abby said...

That was so fun to watch! You're a natural in front of the camera, no surprise. :)