Friday, March 1, 2013

Hand Out the Window Floatin' On Air...

More good things!  My younger brother got a job!  He's been looking for a long time, so I am very happy for him.  The sad part is that it means he left for Oregon this morning.  Another sibling has left Utah.  Sigh.  When will it be my turn?  
We threw him a good by party on Monday (it was the only day I didn't have rehearsal before he was leaving!).  We were supposed to meet at my house at 7:00, but a high speed chase started about fifty miles from my town.  They spiked his tires, but he just kept going, and the whole thing ended up being over on the freeway right by my town.  So the police closed the freeway, and my siblings couldn't get to my house.  Emily and Joel live the furthest south, so they just kept coming even though traffic was super super slow moving.  Rodney (the guest of honor) got here soon after.  My parents live up north, so they didn't have any trouble getting here.  They hung out for awhile, but couldn't stay.  Michael and Lili couldn't take it any more and decided to just go home.  So the party started about 8:30 or 9:00.
We still had fun.  We ate Emily's Better Than Sex Chex Mix, chips, and played Killer Bunnies.  Kurtis hung out with us (it took him forever to get home, too), but went to bed early because he has to get up at 5:00 a.m. to catch the bus in the mornings.  After Emily? or was it Joel? won the game, we had to leave.  Luckily, the freeway going home for them wasn't closed and it didn't take four hours to get home.  Good times.  We were having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures, though! :(  Rodney showed us some of the helicopters he will be working on, so I Googled the image and stole some pictures off the interweb to show you:

These were actually stolen from the company that Rodney will be working for's website.  You can check it out here.

But aren't these helicopters really cool looking?  I think so and I'm really excited for my brother. :)

See you soon, Brother! :)

2 comments:

Ben =] said...

Sad.

Michele said...

Hey Rodney, if you read this, wish we could have come to your party! Looks like you're going to love your new job. We are SUPER happy for you :-) I wish I could say we'd miss you, but we live far away so it won't be much different for us. Keep us updated on how you're doing-
Love from, Michele
Thanks for posting Melissa!