Tuesday, March 5, 2013

We're Just Two Friends...

I'm supposed to be working out and getting ready for the day, but I decided to blog instead.  Well, not instead, just first.  I'll get to that other stuff later.
Keeping on this "good things" theme, I have something to show you.  My bestest friend Nicole and I were shopping at a store one day while we were waiting for our movie to start (I don't remember the movie, but it was probably in October last year or maybe even July - who knows, really), and she pointed to a painting of a tulip and said to me, "I would love a picture like that, but only lilies.  And I want them to be red lilies."  I said, "Oh, I could paint that."  "You could?"  "Yes.  That would be easy.  But I've never seen red lilies in real life, so what shade of red do you want?"  "Just red.  I don't know."  "Okay, I'll paint you some red lilies."
And then I bought the canvases, but didn't have enough for the paint, too.  So I didn't paint them and I forgot about them.
Fast forward to February 2013.  "What do you want for your birthday?"  I asked.  "Maybe we could go out?"  "I would love that, but I want to get you a present, too!" (No response.  This was on the 15th.)  Then on the 20th, we had this text conversation:
Me:  Happy birthday!
BFN:  Thanks ;-)
Me:  You still have not told me what you want. :)
BFN:  That sounds like me...
Me:  I know.  It's like pulling teeth to get it out of you.  :D
BFN:  Hahaha.  Yeah I have no idea what I want.  The older I get the harder it is!
She's only a year older than me.  She's really not old.  Seriously, she's making herself sound like she's fifty-nine or something (still not old!).  But I thought and I thought and then:


Oh, yeah!  I totally said I would paint her some lilies!  I know what to get her now! :D  My plan was to start on Thursday, but being an extra ended up taking all day rather than just two hours of my day (which is typical).  Friday, the 22nd, was the day I was going to take her out for her birthday, so I wanted to at least have them started, but no.  So Friday, I started and finished them.  It made me later for our date than I wanted to be, but it worked out.  They turned out pretty nicely, too.

I started with this one.  I feel like I made the flower too small for the canvas and I told Nicole that if it starts to bug her later, I will paint over it and start over.

This picture is upside down.  So is the one above, but that one is harder to see.  He he.

There.  That's better.

Then, I did this one last, and it is the best one. :D

I think I did a bang up job despite being pressed for time. :D

Then I said to Kurtis, "Well, honey.  You get to make dinner tonight.  Make spaghetti or something."
"Will you take me to the store and get us some hot dogs instead?"
What?  Ugh!  I'm already late leaving to pick up Nicole!  "Fine.  But we have to hurry."
I finally was about to leave and Kurtis comes running out of the house with the chocolate covered gummy bears I had bought her while I was at the store.  "Oh, I forgot her card, too!  Will you go get that for me?"  He ran inside and got this for me (because we really do like each other, I promise):

Fancy!  I make all the cards I send out.  It's cheaper that way.

I took my bestest friend Nicole bowling for her birthday.  There was a really long wait, so we went to dinner at Archibald's.  I'd never been there before, and I thought it was really good!  I got the turkey croissant sandwich with fries.  They have really, really good fries there.  Really good.
Then we went bowling and after we'd bowled for an hour, I looked at the clock.  It was like 9:30.  "The night is young!  Do you want to do something else?" I asked.  So we went to a movie.  It was a really fun night, and I'm glad I got to spend it with her and that she loves her paintings.  I did a good thing there, I suppose. :D

 We kind of got off to a rough start.  I has been over a year since we last bowled.

 My ball.  I like the light ones.

First game.  :)  It was a tie.  He he he.

 We had a lot of fun.  Obviously. :D

 Second game.  We're getting better.  Weird score, though.

 My shoes. :)

Third game.  :)  I'm the come back kid!
This picture is just art. :)  I mean it.

We paid for an hour of bowling, so we didn't get to finish our last game, but Nicole clearly won.  It was about time. :)

Because my life is always like this. ;)  No, not really.  It's just where the title of my blog comes from.  :)

No comments: