Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's Time To Join These Kitties

It was Kurtis's birthday yesterday.  He is getting so big!  I can't believe how much time has gone by, and how much he has grown!  He he.
No, I'm not referring to how fat he has become.  I'm making fun of all the people who say things like that about their kids as they get older.  Really?  You didn't think your kid was going to get bigger?  That's kind of what they do. ;)
Any way.  Kurtis is now officially 39 years old.  Next year, he is going to be 40.  Today, I told him I needed to start planning his awesome "Look Who's 40!" party of the century.  I said, "Who do you want me to invite?"  "I don't know."  "I think what you mean is: 'Nobody.  Because I don't want a party.'"  He laughed because I'm hilarious like that.  True story.  It's why he married me.  It also happens to be the truth, so it makes for not really knowing what to do because I think he needs to be more social and what a great way to be social and celebrate a milestone.  But it's his birthday, and he should do what he wants.  I mean, it's his day after all.
Yesterday, for his birthday bash, we went to Texas Roadhouse.  We even let the kids come with us.  They were amazingly well behaved for a change, too.  I was quite shocked.  Kurtis wanted to go to there because we've never been there and he loves steak.  I hate it.  I was worried there wouldn't be anything on the menu for me, but there was a lot to choose from.  We actually all really liked it and had a really great time.
Then we came home and he opened his present and cards.  He got Munchkin Deluxe   It's the original game, but with a board that makes it easier to keep track of everyone's level.  We had a blast playing it and then we ate some brownies with Nielsen's Frozen Custard on it.  His favorite flavor.  Caramel Cashew.  It was yummy!

















 And he was pretty distracted by this video while he was opening his cards.
This guy makes some pretty cool videos. :)
Those kitties are so cuuuuuute!!!

You know, I thought this post was getting a little long, but for my family that isn't on facebook, one of my facebook friends randomly does a Flashback Friday and shows us a picture from a long time ago.  I totally stole this idea and I want to do it every Friday (last week I did a picture of me and my brother Rodney).  So here are this week's Flashback Friday photos:

 This one is from 1994 (most likely) when Kurtis was 20, and I was 15.  He was on his LDS mission in Tennessee and I was trying to stay awake in my Algebra class.

This one is sometime after we met four years later.  I was taking pictures of all the guys who lived upstairs from me for my girly scrapbook.  He was pretty cute back then.  No wonder I fell for him. ;)  He's still cute, and was probably about to make himself some macaroni and cheese.






No comments: