Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Other Than That, It Was A Pretty Uneventful Day

I should have blogged yesterday.  But I was busy working.  Yes, working. Crazy, I know.
So St. Patrick's Day was Sunday!  I love St. Patrick's Day!  Because you get to wear green and paint your nails green (if you want to), and eat green foods.
So when I was a kid, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day, but the only thing my mom did was buy us green M&Ms and divide them up into equal piles, so we all got the same amount.  Then she would put them in the fold-over sandwich bags and tie them up with green and white yarn.  I loved it.  It was awesome.  But when I joined facebook, I heard about all these moms who did other stuff for their kids like pretending there was a mischievous leprechaun that came during the night and dyed their milk green and did other things.  I always thought they were cute ideas, but never really thought about it the rest of the year until it was too late.  Then I was like, "Oh, I should have done that!  That would have been fun."
So while I was looking on Pinterest for ideas for my Stamp Club projects in March, I came across the idea for this:
After the kids went to bed, a leprechaun came to visit.
He dyed the milk green, too. ;)

When Riley woke up in the morning and went to go to the bathroom, Kurtis and I heard his reaction.  We were awake, just not quite up yet.  "What?!"  He said.  Kurtis and I couldn't help but giggle, and Kurtis had a really hard time stopping laughing.  Kaleb came in our room and said, "Mom, can I use your bathroom?  I don't want to use that one with the green pee in it!"  Ha ha ha!  It was hilarious. 
Then, I overheard the boys eating breakfast, and they discovered the green milk.  Zach said, "Oh, man!  The leprechaun peed in here, too!"  Gross.  But so so so funny!  I wasn't thinking that was where they would go with that, but they did!

Here's the upstairs bathroom.

Here are my green nails. :)


For dinner, we had this.  There is spinach and pepper jack cheese stuffed inside the chicken and the succotash is delicious.  You can get the recipe here.

The kids reaction to the succotash was really awesome.  Especially because Zach told Kaleb what was in it. If he hadn't said there was squash in it, he probably never would have known.  Riley was freaking out because there is lime juice in it and he said he didn't like it.  But he liked the lime jello.
When my kids are acting really immature, I like to whip out my video camera and record them.  It's my way of punishing them and getting them to realize they are acting dumb at the same time.  It usually works.

And finally, the green jello.  Which was gross.
I don't like jello any more.

And this is what me made for Stamp Club on Thursday (the 14th).  I got the ideas off of Pinterest for the Pot O' Gold and how to make the clover and the bunny, but the cards are my creations.  
We all had a fun time making my designs that night. :)

Monday, I made this wreath for my door.  I don't have many St. Patrick's Day decorations and I can't find the ones I do have, so I made this.

The Friday, I made this and went to the dollar store for a frame.  I found it on Pinterest.  You can check out the board that is called Kiss Me, I'm Irish! for the directions, but it's pretty self-explanatory how to make it.  The leaves are just heart punches.  Then I took the punch and punched a sliver of paper next to the heart I had just punched out for the stems.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Hehehe! I love that whole toilet thing. I'm totally going to do it next year. And I want to make one of those clover to butterfly things. FYI: I checked out the ones on Pinterest and I think yours is cuter. I love the different papers you used and the way the are not all exactly symmetrical. I pinned your picture instead. :-)

Danae Ostler said...

I LOVE it! It is all SO cute! I hope you do not mind if I steal a few of your fun ideas in years to come! What a fun Mommy you are!

sweetlissybug said...

Thanks, guys! Feel free to steal these ideas. :) They were fun to put together.