Monday, June 23, 2014

In Which There Are Comings And Goings

Well, my friends, have I got a treat for you today.  He he.
Today, I went to two Sacrament meetings.  That's right.  Two.
My cousins who also happen to have been born on the same day within minutes of each other, have decided to serve the Lord as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  They have both been assigned to serve in Japan.  They are also Japanese-American and already speak the language.  They have an advantage over those who do not, and probably will not have to spend as much time in the missionary training center (or MTC in Mormon-speak) as those who do not.  
Holding to tradition in this church, they were asked to speak to their congregation before they leave.  And after listening to their talks, they will do well.  They are ready.  They were beautiful messages and the Spirit of God was present there.

Sacrament Meeting Art #30:  June 22, 2014.
It's a field of poppies.  I have a friend who takes amazing pictures and posts them on Instagram.  This one is inspired by one of her pictures.  It's not the same, nor does it do justice to the actual photo at all, but I do love poppies.

I also have another cousin who returned from his mission in Canada on Thursday last week.  After Spencer and Jason spoke, we went to listen to my cousin Johnathan do the same.  Because it's also tradition to have the missionary who returns speak to the congregation about what he learned.  His talk was also wonderful and the Spirit of God was also present.

Sacrament Meeting Art #31:  June 22, 2014.
It's a beach scene. With grass and purple flowers. And the ocean.  I long to see the ocean again.

Sacrament Meeting Art #32:  June 22, 2014.
I told you I had a treat for you.  We also have a special guest artist today.
Zachary drew this during Johnathan's talk today.  He wanted me to share it with you.

I hope you had a wonderful day.  I love you all so much.

No comments: