Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring is Here!

I love my sister. She's awesome. But she likes to brag about how cold it is in her little Minnesota town. Our poor, Utah bodies are not adjusted to cold temperatures when they drop into the minus territory. So we say things to her like it was 14 degrees today! It was sooooo cold! And she just laughs, and says, that's warm compared to -30 degrees. So today, a little weather. My town, Utah: 41 degrees. Sister-town, MN: 56 degrees (I must say I was expecting it to be colder there. Dang it!). Now, that's not much different, but when I have this in my front yard

all I can say is "Neener, neener, neener!" Ha ha ha! There are benefits to living here, and having a south-facing house. The tulips aren't blooming yet, but they aren't far behind. Any way, sista! I thought I would send you a little spring in your cabin fever induced state!
Of course, because Utah has absolutely insane weather (according to my mother sometimes it snows in June here - but it's rare), tomorrow, it could look like this again

At which point I will burst into tears. But luckily, it's only supposed to rain tomorrow (It's raining now, too!). Kaleb said that he thought it was spring when we were walking from the church to our car this afternoon. I said, "It is spring, what do you mean?" He said, "It's cold today!" I told him it was because Winter still wants it to be winter, but Spring is saying, "No, it's my turn!" And Winter says, "I want to be here longer!" Eventually Spring will win, but succumb, all too quickly, to Summer.

No comments: