Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Flying Potato!

Friday, my third grader is having a potato olympics with the other third graders.  Due to Kaleb's chicken pox, I can no longer go and take pictures of the events.  Zach will have to fill me in on all the details when he gets home.  He brought home a note the other day that said we needed to decorate a potato to resemble our child's favorite olympian.  Zach chose Shawn White aka "The Flying Tomato".  Why was I not surprised?  I told him after making his valentines box, I was a little tired of crafts and that he needed to have his dad help him.  I couldn't find my hot glue gun, so I got out the trusty glue dots.  I didn't really think they would stick to a potato.  He got out my yarn and made some orange hair for his potato, and drew some eyes and a cheesy grin on some paper and cut them out.  Here are the results:



Can't you just see the resemblence?  Eh, eh?  It's uncanny.  I told him he needed more hair, but he said, "This is how much I want to do!"  So there it is.  The potato olympics coming Friday, February 26, 2010 to a humble elementary school somewhere in the United States of America.  God bless the USA!


Do us proud Potato Shawn.  Do us proud.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I LOVE IT!! You guys have all the fun! Snail olympics and now potato olympics! Let me know how it goes. :) My kids think Shawn White is awesome too. The resemblence is amazing! :) I love it! You might want to get that potato some snowpants (a running gag that is getting old?) I can't wait to show my kids Zach's potato. Tell him he is awesome. :)

Rach said...

It does look pretty much exactly like Shaun White. Funny. :)

Michele said...

Read my blog about your blog and the comments. Okay that sounded weird.

Rachel and Michael said...

Love it! What a creative little guy and artistic, too! Hope he does well. Nice to catch up with you every once in a while!