Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Just Want To Be Loved For Who I Am (and My Mad Acting Skillz)!

Sometimes I wonder why I even signed up to be on facebook in the first place.  Oh, yeah.  Because I have friends, and family that I don't get to see or talk to otherwise (yes, it's very sad).  But seriously sometimes facebook can be a dangerous place.  My ten-year-old nephew recently signed up to be on facebook.  He's only ten, but I feel it's okay for him to be my "friend" because he is my nephew.  What is not okay, is when his friends look and see how freaking awesome my Farmville farm is, and decide they need to be my "friend" too.  That just seems completely inappropriate.  I have never even met this kid.  I have declined his friend request, but he keeps asking me, and sending me "bottled messages" (my facebook page is in Pirate English), telling me he's a fan of my farm, and wants to be my friend.  I don't think I will ever be accepting this "friend" request anytime soon, but do you think the kid could get the hint?  My farm isn't that great, people.  It isn't even real for crying out loud!  I haven't mastered the art of growing strawberries in real life, where it actually matters.  I have a tendency to kill the things I plant.  Kurtis thinks I should tell the child he can be my friend if his parents say it's okay.  I've never met his parents.  Why would they say it's okay?  All this because I let my kids make facebook pages so they could play Farmville?  It's just a game people.  It's just a time wasting game.  I don't want ten-year-old "friends" who only love me for my farm.

No comments: