Friday, February 19, 2010

The Horizon T101

I've been doing really well on one of my New Year's resolutions (remember: flossing and loose 30 pounds by my birthday?).  I bet you can easily guess which one was easier for me to accomplish.  Yeah, flossing.  I'm really good at flossing every night before bed.  I can tell when I've skipped a day, too.  Yuck.  Anyway, to help myself with my other goal, I got a treadmill.  It came yesterday.  I was very excited.  I love my husband, but when we have to put things together, he gets frustrated easily, and becomes argumentative.  I don't like it because then I get all cranky.  It took us an hour and a half to heave it up our stairs, into the bedroom, and put it together.  Not too bad.  I could have done without his biting tone of voice, though.  I'm not an idiot and he knows it.  So anyway, after we get it put together, and lubricated, he decides to hog it.  It's my freaking treadmill that I have been waiting at least eight freaking years for!  The time we went to get ge me one like six years ago, or so, he saw a recumbant bike, and said, "I would rather bike than run."  So I said, "Fine, we can't get both, though."  And that's the way our marriage has gone for most of the time.  But in reality, guess who actually used the recumbant bike more than the man who wanted it in the first place.  Yep.  So he's all on the treadmill trying it out, and says, "I like this!"  Duh.  When am I ever wrong?  Um, never. I knew he would like it just fine.  So I sit on the bed, and after a minute, he looks at me and says, "Do you feel like I am hogging your treatmill?"  "Yes," I reply forlornly.  So he gets off, and I get to use it for a bit.  I love it.  Until I get off it.  Then I feel like I am going to fall over for a minute or two.  It's weird.  I have to build up to actually running on it, though.  I'm a little freaked out by it.  It's taking some adjusting to.  I can do it.  This is just something I've never done before.  I even let Kaleb use it this morning for about seven minutes.  He's always telling me his legs hurt.  I'm just assuming it's growing pains, but he says it everyday, so hopefully working them out a little bit (on a very low setting) will help.  He likes it.  He needs to go outside more, but  it's not always gonna happen.  Like today because it's snowing.  It's time for the sunny one minute and snowing the next weather here!  Yay! (That was a sarcastic yay, just incase you couldn't hear it.)


5 comments:

Michele said...

Nice treadmill & congrats on the flossing- you are a step ahead of me :)
ps Get some snow pants! Seriously! don't make me blog about this! :)

sweetlissybug said...

Just email me and tell me about it then. I don't have snowpants. My kids do, though. I don't really know why I would need those. :)

sweetlissybug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
molaram said...

this is isaac im just messing whith my mom again as you know

Wendy said...

Congrats on the treadmill. I hope you have many lovely years together. I have a love/hate relationship with mine.