Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Okay. Now You Guys Are Just Showing Off!

I have this image in my head of the Dave Matthew's Band getting together to come up with songs for their new albums.  They get together, and jam.  They come up with something marvelous, and then they have to say to each other.  Okay, now how do we cut that down so it will be a song for the album?  Because last night, at their concert, that must be exactly what their jam sessions are like.  They take a three minute song and turn it into a fifteen or twenty minute song.  It was amazing.  Seriously.  By the time the encore came along, I was just thinking to myself, "Okay. Now you guys are just showing off.  Oh, but I love it though!" :D
Kurtis wouldn't let me try to sneak our camera in, so the pictures I took were ones on my phone, and in my opinion, my phone camera is not awesome.


 Brett Dennen was the opening act.  He was pretty mellow, but I liked him.

 Just the two of us!

You can kind of see Dave Matthews on the big screen - the middle one.  This is as far as my phone camera zooms in.  Not nearly as awesome as my 18x zoom on my regular camera. :P

Last year, Kurtis and I were going to go to this concert for our ten year anniversary.  It didn't happen.  They canceled the show the day of.  I was pretty bummed because they are one of Kurtis' favorite bands, and he's never seen them play live.  I know, that's crazy, right?  So I thought it would be a nice gift to give him.  The year before that, Dave Matthew's saxophone player died, so understandably, they canceled that show.  Then they rescheduled it, and canceled the rescheduled date.  So I was worried this concert would be canceled as well.  I was very excited when I got there, and they actually came  out onstage.  Dave Matthew's said he was more embarrassed about it than anything.  "Won't happen again!"  He claimed.  Kurtis had a really good time.  He's not one to get up and dance like me, but he thought it was awesome.  I danced alone, and said to myself, "Oh, yes.  This is why I usually drag Nicole to concerts with me."  She'll dance with me.  But I didn't care.  Kurtis and I had a great time, and that's all that matters.  We're just different.  Kurtis also discovered that he does like concerts.  It just helps if he actually likes the band he's going to see.

No comments: