Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Double Digits!

Today is pretty awesome.  It's the day I had my first child.  He's ten now.  But seriously.  I am not old enough to have a ten-year-old!  I had to work today, so I was distracted.  I almost forgot to make him a cake!  Apparently I didn't ever say, "Happy birthday!" to him at all until after we went to dinner either.  What's that all about?  I forgot to send a treat to school, too.  I told Zach that I was sorry I completely forgot about a treat for his class, and he said, "That's okay.  I forgot, too!"  He's so good natured.  I love is excitement for life.  Sometimes he expresses it a little crazily, but it's still pretty cute.
This year is a family party year, so I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday.  He said he wanted to go to Outback Steakhouse.  I don't like steak, but it's his birthday, and everybody else in our family does, so we went.  I ordered chicken.  Zach got his first steak off the adult menu.  He was pretty dang excited.  Then we came home, and he opened his presents.  His brothers got him the game Mindcraft.  He was so excited.  Then he opened his present from his parents.  We gave him Magicka, and his own Steam account.  It's a gaming website, so if you don't know what I am talking about, don't worry.  It's something he's been begging us for for awhile now.  It's awesome to surprise him like that.  He was so excited.  But he has testing this week, so I told him he had to take a bath and get ready for bed.  Kurtis said I should let him play for a little bit.  I relented with ten minutes.  I know.  I'm being insanely strict this week.  It's testing week.  Nuff said.  But Zach had a pretty sweet day if you ask me. ;)

 Here is the cake I threw together.  Yellow cake mix, butter cream frosting, and peanut butter M&Ms.  I've decided I don't like butter cream frosting.  But Zach loved it.

 He's so excited!  It was a rainy day for us, though.

 I think he likes it.  Well, I already knew he would.  It was his first time at Outback, but not his first time eating steak.  I make it sometimes, too! :)

 He's such a ham.

 So when the games we buy are kids are just downloaded off the internet, we print a picture of the game, and stick it in a box, and wrap that.  Hee hee!  He thought we really bought him speakers.  He said, "Speakers?  I don't need speakers!"  He was laughing when he said it. :)

 I thought he might catch his hair on fire, but he's not as close as he looks.

Of course!  The card I made! :)  He also really liked the money he got from his grandma and great-grandma.  He's saving for it for a DS.

2 comments:

abby said...

what a handsome dude. happy birthday zach!

Des said...

I can't believe he's in double digits already. It seems like I just had him here at preschool! Crazy!